Kas
Years ago

Will Melb Utd sign 'Jaye' Crockett?

Will Melb Utd sign 'Jaye' Crockett as injury replacement for Casey Prather?
Liam Santamaria hinted it may happen.

Topic #46565 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he still in the country? It would be a good pickup.

Reply #781259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No there onto swaggieP

Reply #781267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Young makes little to no sense for United outside of hype and ticket sales. He's a 2 guard that's basically the same player as Chris Goulding. He's not going to rebound or defend at a high level. They'll have a log jam in an already crowded 2 spot with Goulding and McCarron and still be deficient in the area that they lose with Prather out. DJ Kennedy would of been perfect for this team.

Reply #781280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ Kennedy blew this team up last season, how do you think Casper realised he wasn't the top earner. Kennedy could not get a glove on White in the GF series. He’s not Melbourne’s answer. Melbourne doesn’t have size in the 3 spot or mobility in the 4, that’s there biggest problem plus Prather always injured and Trimble, Long suspect defensively.
Melbourne should look at keeping there quality Australian players happy and fill in the gaps around them with good imports.

Reply #781283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

English Translation of the above Posts:
1st "there" --> "they're" or "they are"
"Would of" --> "would've" or "would have"
2nd "there" --> "their" (possessive pronoun).

Reply #781288 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks for that.

Reply #781305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he any good? Can the Kings get him? Get it done Will!

Reply #781309 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Kennedy could not get a glove on White in the GF series."

Kennedy was the starting PF for Melbourne at the end of last season. My memory has him playing a fair bit of time on Kay in the GF but I can't say for sure. How much time did he spend on White?

Reply #781332 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think he may have played on White but McCarron would've spent plenty of time on White also (when he wasnt riding the bench after receiving fouls without even touching his opponent)

Kennedy I remember was awesome in Game 2, the only game United won.

He was decent without being spectacular in the series as a whole which was disappointing given 1. His absolutely awesome 2nd half of last season, where he was among the top 5 or 6 players in the NBL along with Bogut, Casper Cotton, plus Patterson and Long who also stepped up down the stretch of the season and 2. His well earned rep as a big game player

Reply #781333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow played on Kay. Both McCarron and Kennedy were smashed by White.

Reply #781335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kennedy would be a perfect fit for this current Melbourne team! Josh Boone fell off a cliff last season, and with Long now in thrcteam Kennedy would be perfect. Some extra size and mobility in that 3/4 position. Not to mention toughness and playmaking. Kennedy was far from the reason they didn't win the title. Melbourne would take him in a heartbeat this year!

Reply #781336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kennedy is playing in Turkey in a side running second, even Melbourne can't pay what he’s on.

Considering Kennedy played on White in the grand finals and White was mvp and scored at will, I’d say Kennedy certainly got we’ll beat in GF series.

Reply #781337 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah I had a look back across a couple of GF games, Kennedy started at SF and then split his time at PF, so he spent decent time on both Kay and White.

Reply #781370 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This thread has me looking forward to Saturday night's game

Reply #781461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #781588 | Report this post

Have signed Stanton Kidd.

Reply #782473 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754