Hoops Junkie 24
Last month

WNBL 24/25

When do they start constructing rosters for the 2024/25 season.
Seeing some of the nbl1 results and some players putting up big results.

Is Nakasoglu signed to anyone for next season just seen she had 40 this weekend, someone should really consider her as a scoring punch off the bench.

Topic #51963 | Report this topic

Footloose  
Last month

Another casualty of Hammer isn't she? She was his whipping girl the season before Mangakahia I think from memory? And then, Shyla was injured or away & she dropped 30+ after barely playing for the 1st half of the season?

Would be great to see her back in the league though, flat out baller!!

Reply #941081 | Report this post

QuokkaWoylie  
Last month

There's already the exact same thread in the same forum section.

FA is meant to start 10th May. I assume pending whatever upheaval is currently going on behind the scenes.

Reply #941083 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last month

Melbourne Boomers gone sadly, what a joke of a competition when they had the highest attendance in the WNBL. I won't be attending any games since the WNBL is a mess. It needs new owners and restructure. I feel for the athletes playing in this league.
NZ women’s league will overrun the WNBL.

Shame Larry never really wanted to invest into the women’s game. British Basketball League does a good job involving the men’s and women’s teams. Look at the London Lions men’s and women’s, both successful. Men’s keep winning the British league plus made it to the semifinals of the EuroCup and only lost to Paris who were favourites all season. London women’s team won the EuroCup Women’s out of so many teams around Europe, massive achievement.

Reply #941138 | Report this post

Bluey  
Two weeks ago

Larry does want to invest NBLTigers, BA don't want him to have control over basketball in Aus, so they continue to run the WNBL poorly. There's lots in the media right now about the owners looking to band together. The NZ league will never overrun the Aus league.

Reply #941143 | Report this post

Hmmm  
Two weeks ago

So are Boomers relocating to Geelong, or is it new 'franchise/owners group' using the Boomers license to start whole new team?

Reply #941144 | Report this post

Anon  
Two weeks ago

New ownership group

Reply #941152 | Report this post

Bluey  
Two weeks ago

are you talking about the Geelong group Anon or do you mean for the whole league?

Reply #941156 | Report this post

Ben  
Two weeks ago

Larry has been wanting to take the reins of the WNBL for a long time. The sooner this happens, the better for all. Unbelievable it hasn't yet occurred.

Reply #941182 | Report this post

Wombat  
Last week

I am hearing that Geelong has been granted a licence, free agency to start in June.

Thats good news.

Reply #941375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754