Bballfan
Last year

Changes by BSA for 2024 District Season

Some positive changes made by BSA for the upcoming season, including a shorter turnaround for transfers and restrictions on Div 1 and 2 players (with further restriction on state rep players) moving to the same club.

Topic #51667 | Report this topic

AJ16  
Last year

I think you missed the biggest change.... Only three game time slots!

6:20, 7:40, 9:00pm!

Reply #932699 | Report this post

+  
Last year

I like all of the changes - will ease demand on referees Fridays as well - also early game time change is good - they hadn't changed for a while and the traffic is only getting heavier. Time will tell - the move for u16s D3,4,5 + to Thursday was wise several years ago.
Remember the years when we had U20 Div 1 games at 10pm ? some nights close to 11.45 stadium wrap up.

Reply #932700 | Report this post

+  
Last year

transfer portal is interesting - 2 x Div 1 and 2 x Div 2 per age group, per gender. So is that Div 1 / Div 2 from the departing club or receiving club.
i.e can we take 4 Div 1 players from another club and start 2 in Div 2 and then move them 4 weeks later so all 4 in Div 1 ? Or if we build a super team can Div 1 players be moved in the their departing club to Div 2 - 3 weeks early prior to applying for transfer and qualify as a Div 2 transfer ?

Reply #932701 | Report this post

+  
Last year

just found the bit about qualifying for finals (40%) and if played majority in higher grade will be classified as higher grade - so that has answered my question - maybe injuries / not playing can cloud this though ?

Reply #932702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754