Denny Crane
Last year

When loyalty ruins you

Watching reserves tonight, om one court there was Harry Bruce. On the other, Cooper Osborne.
Both state players. Both is Auscamp.

And it made me wonder, did their loyalty end up costing them.

Harry played about 2 minutes of NBL1 last year, Cooper about the same.

Cooper has now moved to Norwood, when I am sure he will get more time.

But is it a case (especially for Harry) where a change of scenery could be the turning points in their careers??

Put the boys on the court damn it!!!

Topic #51602 | Report this topic

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

Cooper Osborne was averaging between 5 - 18 minutes per game overall for the 2023 season but only averaged 5 ppg. He's still a young player but he was progressing at Warriors so moving to Flames with a bunch of guards - can't see him getting much more court time.

Harry Bruce was just a bench warmer when you're playing on a team that have a high player salary disbursement and Nyberg needed wins and a championship. Unfortunately if Harry doesn't hit the court he's not going to get any experience to advance his skills at the level of NBL1. But you do have to pay your dues on the bench before getting on the court and if you don't have patience and bounce from club to club it's going to be even tougher.

However, if they hit the court and don't produce - they'll find themselves sitting at the end of the bench. Hope they get a good opportunity and wish them the best for 2024 - it's going to be an interesting season.

Reply #931755 | Report this post

Grote 12  
Last year

I know this is a dead thread.

But in sports we always cry about the lack of loyalty... people club hopping, diminishing who helped them on their journey.

But when it is convenient to us we also punish those who are loyal...

But on all this i want to know what is better exp for a young player? training with a australia boomer 1-2x per week, being in the locker room with them every week, seeing how they prepare to do their job.... or play against a boomer twice a season?

Reply #932340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754