Zodiac
Last year

Duop Reath signs with Portland Trailblazers

Duop taking his skills to the NBA, well done he deserves it.

https://nbl.com.au/news/report-reath-signs-nba-deal

Topic #51390 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Last year

Great result. Hope he has a long career in the NBA

Reply #925595 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Very good player .

Reply #925597 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

i thought he might after his summer league, looked good for them

Reply #925599 | Report this post

twenty four  
Last year

"I'm baffled. I just don't think he's that good," said Boomers coach Brian Goorjian.

Reply #925618 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

It depends what you're looking for, I guess.

Reply #925623 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

"I'm baffled. I just don't think he's that good," said Boomers coach Brian Goorjian.

The same could be said about Brian.

Reply #925628 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Statistically we should have gone with Reath as our spot up shooter instead of Ingleles

Reply #925644 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Reath should do well in pick and roll/pop heavy offenses.

It seems Goorj's main issue with him was his inability to stick to the defensive scheme which would end up being an issue on an NBA playoff team, but the Blazers arent that so he should get some good chances to play.

Reply #925673 | Report this post

Gold Vibes Only  
Last year

C'mon Cram, there's no way you looked at the Boomers defence and thought Duop was the problem lol

Reply #925681 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

There's no way you could watch Duop play for the Boomers and not see he struggles in that defensive style.

Reply #925682 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Reath defence should suit nba, they don't like it.

Reply #925690 | Report this post

twenty four  
Last year

The Boomers had a defensive scheme?

Reply #925691 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

";C'mon Cram, there's no way you looked at the Boomers defence and thought Duop was the problem lol"

No I think Goorj felt that.

The scheme wasn't great. We either auto switched and left our forwards to get torched or trapped and either forced turnovers or, if they didnt turn it over, found super easy looks because our help was shocking. Reath wasn't good at getting back in position after doubles but he wasnt alone there.

Reply #925706 | Report this post

BigD  
Last year

Reath's problem is that he is beyond bad when it comes to guarding on-balls. The amount of time he got caught out when the Boomers were showing was dreadful, his timing on the show was late and his hand and hip positioning wasn't where it needs to be, and then he was slow in recovery, so yeah you could say his ability to follow a defensive scheme was poor. He could be summed up as a traffic cone.

If he was even decent defensively, he would've played more at the World Cup, Portland is picking him up because his offensive potential is sky-high and his style suits the NBA.

Reply #925711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754