LV
Last year

Preseason Throwdown- United vs SEM

Clark went off late to help United win 89-86

Lots of outs- CG43, JLA, Delly and Loe, and Alan Williams, Gary Browne, Gak, Te Rangi, Matt Kenyon.

A few notes

1. United have brought the band back together a little bit with JLA, Delly and Hukporti's return adding a real 21/22 flavour to this team. We needed a 3rd scorer after JLA and CG43 and looks like we got our man with Clark.

2. SEM are a strange team, they have 2 high usage import point guards (Browne and Cummings), and a couple of defensive wings (Kenyon and Moller) but no traditional shooting guards. If Te Rangi can continue his World Cup form that will help a lot. But I'm not sure the balance is right. I think signing Moller and Kenyon is good since Williams is suspect defensively so they needed to add defenders. But signing 2 PG's is weird.

3.Travers with a big stat line in limited minutes. After his summer league he could break out. He's a huge part of for United's season for me. Him and JLA are the 2 keys but arguably Travers will be structurally more important, given the uniqueness of what he brings and the roster composition with few natural forwards.

Topic #51383 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Problem for SEM is Kenyon looks injured already and moller is coming back from a long injury. Vague looks like a good addition. Hopefully Kelly can get some sort of team defence going and team offence going otherwise it's going to be a long season.

United looking to have all the pieces, Travers last night had his own way though was off the court when Clarke went nuts shooting. Illi looks ready to be a star. Vickerman will have his team defensively switched on. Looking top two.

Reply #925430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754