hoopjunkie
Last year

Basketball Secondary Schools

any idea which basketball academy focuses also in their academics?
my son lives and breathes basketball and we are choosing to send him to Boxhill, Rowville or Berwick College for his secondary schooling. Given that he is also really good in school, we would like to send him where he would be challenged academically as well. Any ideas which of the 3 would suit him?

Topic #51306 | Report this topic

LC  
Last year

Out of the schools you have mentioned, Box Hill and Berwick focus more on academics than Rowville based on feedback I have received from athletes and their families that have/are attending these schools. Rowville is all about the sport.

Reply #922005 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

most of those schools will offer sport scholarships that you mentioned

Reply #922008 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Last year

Have you tried Templestowe?

Reply #922088 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

Stacker is a great coach at Templestowe College, but there is absolutely no focus on academics at that school.

Reply #922100 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Last year

I saw Templestowe was voted best government school in Australia last week.

Reply #922371 | Report this post

Red84  
Last year

Avoid IB if your son is keen to participate in national camps. Timing of assessments clashes with BA camps come late Aug - September. BA timings assume student ballers are undertaking HSC.

Reply #922442 | Report this post

hoopjunkie  
Last year

Thanks for all the inputs. still undecided but will take you inputs into consideration.

Reply #925607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754