G Anthony Edwards
G Tyrese Haliburton
F Brandon Ingram
F Jaren Jackson Jr.
F Cam Johnson
C Walker Kessler
F Bobby Portis
G Austin Reaves

Is the reported squad for the tournament.

That isn't a scary line up for any one

Topic #51191 | Report this topic

KET  
Last year

It's still pretty damn good though, it’s just not star studded like we are used to.

Last World Cup they pulled a similar type team, they’ll adjust this time and play a bit more properly and hungry id suggest.

Reply #919206 | Report this post

Group C and D have many weak teams, so USA will not lose until the quarterfinals.

Reply #919207 | Report this post

DeepWombat  
Last year

I think that team would win 45-50 games next NBA season.

Still gold medal favourites.

Reply #919208 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

They're probably there because they will play as a TEAM rather than as a bunch of superstars thrown together.

Reply #919215 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Italy federation going nuts over last minute switch by banchero.

Reply #919216 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Its still a team full of mostly NBA starters, a couple of all stars, a couple of number 1 picks, a few fringe all stars

Still the most talented team in the world cup and if they actually play as a team they could be tougher than the last couple of USA teams.

I certainly wouldnt be taking them lightly and expect them to get gold

Reply #919218 | Report this post

Cake  
Last year

Brunson and Portis are exactly the sorts of guys Team USA should be bringing to the WC and Olympics. Banchero, Haliburton, Ingram and Reaves should all do well in FIBA competition, too. JJJ will either spend the whole tournament on the bench in foul trouble, or be incredibly effective.

I don't think any of the serious contenders would feel like they're underdogs against that team. But that team definitely has enough talent to win it.

Reply #919219 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

I've never even heard of any of those guys, guess it shows how long I've been out of the loop on the NBA.

Reply #919222 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Still a decent squad. Glad Australia isn't in the same group as the USA.

Reply #919224 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Would be a massive effort if that squad can win gold given their lack of international experience. No questioning the talent, but they'll have to learn quickly.

Reply #919230 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

I think on talent its a bit better than the 2019 squad but it feels like they've got the balance a bit better here. A few more creators generally a bit younger full of guys who probably want to be in the Olympic squad.

They easily have the most talent of any team, but the chemistry will be the big test. I'd say they're favourites.

Brandon Ingram to be the new FIBA Melo.

Reply #919241 | Report this post

Fairsy  
Last year

They are $1.55 favourites, which I think is massive unders. Just not sure which team I would be punting on, other than us.

Reply #919248 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Lay them on Betfair so you get the field.

Reply #919249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754