Hoops66
Last year

NBL 1 West - 'Watch Free'- Bounce Pass

Is anyone else disappointed that we now have to sign up with Bounce Pass so that we can watch NBL 1 games for 'free'? If you go the FAQ page (which is in fact about 20 pages long...) you have to accept them bombarding us with their marketing material into our Inbox and they say they will collect personal information etc. I really DONT want to sign up with them. Such a shame as I was enjoying watching the odd game here and there. SIGH!!

Topic #51140 | Report this topic

KET  
Last year

Probably monetising data and pushing more sponsorship stuff through that way.

I look at it this way, if I can provide $x value to the NBL/NBL1 with that, I'm happy it helps them to fund things like broadcasting the game and contribute to the general stability of the league.

Reply #918215 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Anything that puts barrier between casual fans and exposure to the league is bad. Hardcore fans will still do it but the casuals are the one who won't.

Reply #918218 | Report this post

Hoops66  
Last year

Re KET's comments above: I personally would be far happier to pay a small subscription fee to watch NBL 1 games on the premise that I didn't have to accept incoming marketing emails and I didn't have to give up my personal information. That is the part that I really don't want to have to subscribe to.

And Pasadena 72: You are correct. I was watching a game every week (my sons clubs team that he aims to play for in the near future) but I wont be now-unfortunately, as I was enjoying it and really getting to learn about the game.

Reply #918223 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Pasadena, it's NBL1, I don’t really imagine there is much in the way of casual fans.

And that wouldn’t change regardless of barriers.

Reply #918225 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

Provide them with an email address that's not your primary one and give them false personal information if if bothers you. Given the NBL1 isn't a huge revenue earner, I don't blame them for doing this. I agree it's annoying, but one can work around it.

Reply #918247 | Report this post

Hoops66  
Last year

Hi SP- Not a bad idea. I only have one email address, but I could think about setting up a second one-maybe...Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply #918512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 am, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754