+
Last year

referee payments

my nephew is looking at learning to referee - does anyone know the grading and payments for Adelaide district or social comps ?

Topic #51010 | Report this topic

SabreTooth  
Last year

For a new ref it's like $5.50 per hour. I'm not joking.

Reply #915013 | Report this post

Anthman888  
Last year

District green shirts and level 1c referees get $14 per game.

Reply #915017 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Last year

https://www.adelaidebasketball.com.au/referees

lists the referee pathway and payments, among other referee related information for the Adelaide Community Basketball Association

couldn't find details for BSA but a quick search turned up the above

Reply #915029 | Report this post

Hoops66  
Last year

My advice as a parent of a now 17 year old referee, is don't worry about how much your child is paid when they start refereeing! Tell them that if the pay is $5 per game, it is 5 times more than they would be paid sitting at home playing their computer games. You have to keep in mind that when they start refereeing they are still learning. As they progress, they will work their way up the pay ladder, which is a great learning experience. They learn that as I improve my skills, I get paid more. Also-I reckon I would have paid the basketball association to allow my child to referee at the start. He started when he was not quite 14 years old. He learnt to be on time, he learnt to talk to adults and not just mumble, he learnt how to ignore and not get upset if spectators or coaches yelled at him etc. Fast forward to my now 17 year old, who can earn just under $150 a night, has $25,000 in the bank and is a referee coach. It is not for everyone, but I would strongly recommend and support it for those kids who show any interest!

Reply #915190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754