Perth fan
Last year

Wildcats sign Gerard Martin as assistant coach

Gerard Martin that is.
Just 27 years of age.

Topic #51005 | Report this topic

retired  
Last year

Played juniors at Manly Association.Went to college as a player.

Represented NSW at State level.

Reply #914789 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Rillie would probably known him from college days, was reasonably good junior, I'm not certain but I think injuries went against him. I see he’s also an assistant at at Octago nuggets in nznbl.

Reply #914795 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Mike Kelly out?

Reply #914799 | Report this post

Statman84  
Last year

@Scout

Mike Kelly out because....maybe SEM snatched him up?

Reply #914805 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I see he's also an assistant at at Octago nuggets in nznbl.

Otago Nuggets are owned by SEG.

I'm getting a cheap feeling about this.

Reply #914807 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Didn't Luke Brennan leave.

Reply #914809 | Report this post

Butts  
Last year

Danny Mills called the Nuggets the Cats' minor league team per the press release:

"In what is a strong strategic pathway we are developing with our minor league team in the NZNBL, the Otago Nuggets, Gerard will first bring his expertise there as an Assistant Coach alongside Brent Matehaere, before making his way over to Perth in late July to join the team for the beginning for training camp."

Harris, Andrew and now Martin. Unless more are heading over not sure it qualifies as a minor league team...

Reply #914812 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Mike Kelly out?
What are you basing that on?

Reply #914816 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Kobe - Id assume because Mike Kelly is an assistant coach, and the fact the Cats have signed Gerard Martin as an assistant coach, Scout may be thinking maybe he is replacing Mike Kelly.

Reply #914906 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Mike Kelly is associate head coach, not assistant coach, and the departure of assistant coach Luke Brennan has already been announced.

Reply #914909 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Well the assistant head coach applied for and has now been appointed coach of SEM.

Reply #914920 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Kobe, care to comment? you tend to really just comment when trying to prove something that someone has said as wrong.

Reply #914934 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Y'all really think they released Luke Brennan, didn't replace him, then signed Gerard Martin to replace Mike Kelly despite giving him Brennan's title instead of Kelly's?

Reply #914941 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

No Kobe, but the initial comment you made could have been something helpful instead of something that doesn't contribute to the post at all. Why comment with "what are you basing this on" instead of "Mike Kelly is the associate head coach so this signing I don't think will relate to his position in the club" Its a common trend I have noticed with your posts.

This way you are actually giving someone an answer to their question, instead of answering their question with another question.

Just food for thought.

Reply #914943 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

looks like luke travers is leaving the wildcats

Reply #914944 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Maybe moving on to SEM as well... what a crazy couple of years its been for the Cats.

Reply #914947 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Why comment with "what are you basing this on" instead of "Mike Kelly is the associate head coach so this signing I don't think will relate to his position in the club"
Because maybe I'd missed a piece of news that did point to Kelly departing.

Reply #914949 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Your follow up post doesn't point to that at all, but nice attempt either way.

Carry on Kobe.

Reply #914952 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

My followup was a response to you directly tying it to this announcement and nothing else.

Reply #914959 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Go read what I wrote, nowhere did I directly tie anything to Mike Kelly, I simply used my common sense and suggested that Scout may have thought that with us signing an assistant coach that Mike Kelly might be on the way out. Because Scout may not have known that Mike Kelly wasn't actually an assistant coach but was actually "associate head coach". Which is why I suggested you could have very simply said that in your first post replying to Scout instead of answering his question with a question.

Reply #914974 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

He's not going to change.

Reply #915007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754