Isaac
Last year

Lakers vs Thunder today

Can LeBron get the scoring record today? Dort out for the Thunder won't hurt his chances. If not today, then he's up against the Bucks before road games.

Topic #50892 | Report this topic

Cram  
Last year

Doing it against the Bucks would be fitting given the Kareem connection.

Also would mean he'd likely to it early in the game. If he does it tonight its likely later and could interrupt the attempt to actually win the game.

I reckon he goes pass first tonight and scores 20-25 and comes out strong against the Bucks.

Reply #911498 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

With the manner Bron has carefully constructed his image consistently throughout his career, he absolutely will be breaking the record against the Bucks. He's not doing it today.

Reply #911519 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I agree too doing it against OKC means nothing but remember a few years ago Kareem took a shot at him for not using his station to advocate for black people more, the kind of guy LeBron is he will want to shove it up Kareem by doing it against the other team he played for.

Reply #911522 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

ok we might all be wrong. He has 20 with 4 minutes to go in the first half.

Reply #911548 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Appears I was totally wrong. He's going hard and has 6 to go halfway through Q3. Odd.

Reply #911552 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

Spoilers!!!!!!

And there it is. Mission accomplished

Reply #911553 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Just in case anyone still thought the NBA was a sporting league, let's stop everything for a presentation IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME.

Reply #911554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Game stopped with 10.9 to play in the third for an on-court celebration.

Reply #911555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Drops the F-bomb in his thank you speech. Gold.

Reply #911556 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

NBA has lost the plot.

LeBron may have the record, but just quietly, Josh Giddey has arguably been the best player out there in this game!

Reply #911557 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

WTF grandiose circle-j3rk did I just watch???
I don't deny the enormity of the record being beaten by you couldn't wait until the end of the game? America in a nutshell right there.

Reply #911558 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Novelty Basketball Association. The NBA is to basketball what the WWE is to wrestling unfortunately it's been that way for a while now.

LeBron is averaging career-high points this season. I'm sorry but no a player in a dinkum league is averaging a career-high in their 20th season whilst in their late 30's.

This kind of carry on reminds me of Kobe's last game when he was jacking it up every time down the court and the Jazz were intentionally laying off him defensively.

Reply #911562 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

Unlike another national sporting competition recently permitting fans to have a picnic on the playing field prior to the game ending (after a player kicked his 1000th career goal).

Reply #911563 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

The Cult of the Superstar strikes again.

NBA is all about promoting itself as the best league with the best players, and it's all about entertainment, so I’m surprised that you’re surprised that the game was stopped. (Mind you, it would have been a gutsy team which scored if the game had continued while LBJ was being mobbed by his teammates.)

Reply #911564 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

The game was paused when Kareem passed Wilt, and he was mobbed by family and various others on court. Not completely sure but I think the actual ceremony in that instance was later, before the following game? Wilt, wearing a casual singlet(!), passed a ball over to Kareem.

Supposedly, if the record was broken late in a close game this time, they wouldn't have stopped for the ceremony.

Reply #911565 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

I enjoyed it, its a bit of a big thing in case you didn't know

Reply #911566 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Well done to Lebron, great career not over. Plus 8 today while all other starters were in negative except Beverly plus 1.
The Lakes can win another championship with him if they put the right players around him.

Congratulations to champ.

Reply #911567 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Stopping for everyone to mob him is one thing, but actually having a presentation and speeches is a fucking joke.

Especially with ten seconds left in the quarter. It would have been bad enough midway through a quarter, but that was just stupid.

Reply #911568 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Last year

I hate pomp as much as the next person (and I'm married to an American from Akron!), but if that happens for something that hasn't been done for nearly 40 years, then fair play I reckon. It's a very rare thing that was just witnessed. Stop trying to take my mantle of grumpy old man dammit!

Reply #911569 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

If you want to do a presentation, then do it after the game.. it has no place to occur in the 3rd qtr. Glad he got the record yet lost the game.

Reply #911572 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I like stats as much as the next person but Americans do take it to the extreme at times like these.

Lost in all of this is the Lakers record of 25-30. LeBron and his team are abysmal.

Reply #911576 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

I find it kind of funny that at the end of a tight game with a win on the line that the bloke who put the ball in the hole more than anyone else was sitting on the bench lol

Reply #911582 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

The game was held up for at least half hour when Buddy kicked his 1000, longer when Locket broke the record. To many people with short memories and tall poppy syndrome around here. It is what it is, I can't say I’m a fan but sport is entertainment and emotional, that’s why we watch it, accept the great bits and turn off the shit.

Reply #911585 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Yes, fans uncontrollably storming the pitch is exactly the same as a pre-planned presentation.

Reply #911600 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

If the afl had wanted to stop the fans they would have employed more security guards that were more than 50 metres apart and kept repeating messages to stay off the ground or you will be prosecuted. It's all part of the theatre, don’t watch if you don’t like.

Reply #911603 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

I have no issue with this. Its a massive achievement by an all time great.

So much LeBron hate in the world and (on this site) NBA hate meaning people will get upset about anything.

Its a game guys, its supposed to be fun.

Reply #911627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754