Esky68
Last year

basketball connect thread no.2

Saw basketball connect in action last night

lots of incomplete boxscores, no stats

seems like complete garbage, whats the chance of us going back to gameday?

Topic #50865 | Report this topic

Hooping  
Last year

must have been some greased handshakes to get this incompetent product into use.
In any other industry someone would lose their job for signing up to this? It is not fit for purpose.
Who is going to take responsibility for it?

Reply #911004 | Report this post

Eyes142  
Last year

Pretty bad look for the new BSA CEO if this is the first product he puts out to the community

Had my son's game use it and it was a nightmare, nothing was recorded and final score was stuck on the 2nd quarter(even still this morning), go back to gameday please. End this tomfoolery

Reply #911006 | Report this post

Reggie  
Last year

BSA blaming issues due to Wi-Fi strength in various stadiums. Having used the system for four weeks in social before they through it out hoping it is only the wifi issues.

Reply #911015 | Report this post

Paleyrenk  
Last year

This is a real question!

Reply #911016 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

Can anyone from Queensland share their thoughts/experiences with Basketball Connect.

I understand Basketball Queensland adopted it about 12 months ago and endorsed it to BSA.

I am hopeful the shortcomings experienced in SA can be quickly resolved as BSA and its participants become more familiar with the system.

Reply #911165 | Report this post

SabreTooth  
Last year

Lot's of incomplete scores in the app still so clearly some issues. I'm assuming they'll get manually updated this week.

They also need to publish scores online like they did with Gameday. I like to be able to look at scores from other age groups/comps without the need to follow teams in the app and clog up the feed.

I'm not ready to write it off completely but there definitely need to be some tweaks.

Reply #911319 | Report this post

+  
Last year

there is a desk top link for the entire comp - your club should have that link.
It seemed fine for me but I also see the same problems that were mentioned above.
Lot of it also seemed to be user related problems - once they knew exactly what to do it delivered the desired result.

Reply #911320 | Report this post

Hooping  
Last year

"Can anyone from Queensland share their thoughts/experiences with Basketball Connect.
I understand Basketball Queensland adopted it about 12 months ago and endorsed it to BSA.
I am hopeful the shortcomings experienced in SA can be quickly resolved as BSA and its participants become more familiar with the system."

Absolutely piece of rubbish. GameDay was working fine, everyone knew how to use it as consumers, not sure of the back end.

The program was only used at some school events last year, everyone was wondering WTF they started using that. It was terrible during the tournaments the when the games went from the pool games to the finals rounds, all the results and stats for the pool games would disappear. These events all happening at the one venue.

Been zero communication from BQ about why they changed.

It is only late last year during grading, and the last couple of weeks that the new representative season has started using it. At grading the system was a complete joke, basically didn't work at all. The last 2 weeks marginally better but lots of associations are super pissed off about it and want gameday back and dont want to change over their local competitions. Even if it functions correctly it still isn't as useful as gameday, it is lightyears behind in development.

SA got sold a lemon if they believed BQ.

The new BQ CEO should really lose his basketballs over this disaster, really showing his lack of experience. I hope he got a good commission.

The sooner they get rid of connect the better.

Reply #911348 | Report this post

SabreTooth  
Last year

OK, that doesn't sound promising lol

Reply #911372 | Report this post

Esky68  
Last year

+

You sound like a delusional BSA employee defending the app

It's a dysfunctional piece of garbage. Gameday miles better

Reply #911377 | Report this post

Esky68  
Last year

Update on this thread:

Witnessed multiple games in the past week having to result to using paper score which is quite pathetic for 2023

Still lots of incomplete boxscores even at higher senior men levels. This is what they're charging 50 bucks for?

Reply #914875 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Not sure why they changed, should be Aus wide choice by BA.

Reply #914876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754