Ben
Two years ago

Jacks @ Kings - Fri 30th Dec

Tips 7:30pm VIC/NSW.

I'm looking forward to this. I appreciate how the Jacks have backed up last season's finish with another solid-ish season to date. This match will be an excellent yardstick for where they sit against the league favourites.

Hoping for a close game and I'd genuinely like to see Tassie win, but I'm thinking the Kings will want to prove a point and try to stomp their opponents. Sydney by 9.

Topic #50732 | Report this topic

Jatz  
Two years ago

JJ's having a good season but surely the cream rises to the top here. JJ’s will be in the Kings faces all night but it won’t be enough. Cooks to put on another display. Kings 10+

Reply #907753 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

As a JJs supporter hoping for a Tasmania win but expecting the Kings to win by 8 -10.

Bit of entertainment will be lacking as Buford out for the game.

Reply #907754 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Anyone know what particular incident that Buford is being stood down for.

Reply #907755 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Either the carry on court side when the bench received a technical or his comments at the press conference.

Reply #907756 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

@Knowall. He had a suspended sentence from last year & has breached code of conduct- Again. Not sure which incident but take your pick of about 30. The guy can find something to whinge about. How bad would he be if his team didn't win so often? Officials need to clamp down on all the crap abuse from players & coaches to refs. Throw out a few technicals & the matter would be resolved quickly. It’s a bad look for the game & shows no respect to officials. Also flows down to the junior level

Reply #907760 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Buford out really helps the JJs, for all his antics he can coach. I thought the kings would get this comfortably but it'll be a lot closer. Kings still got far to many guns to let this slip. Kings by eight.

Reply #907762 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Just read the Buford incident occurred on the 18th.

Strange the suspension is only announced now. If I was a sceptic, I'd say the NBL plodded about on purpose to ensure he was on the sidelines for Xmas Day.

Reply #907767 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Buford out means zero. Let's not start coming up with possible excuses for the Kings crumbling. He can watch & call in instructions if needed live. Let’s cut the crap. Professional players should know their role & see what’s happening on court & make the necessary adjustments in the game. Kings are a better team. As I say always you drive to the hoop you win. Rarely a charge is called & nearly always it’s a blocking foul.

Reply #907768 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If you think coaches have no influence on the game from the sideline, why have them, might as well leave them in the gym. Just look at the nets in nba, could not win anything with one of the smartest players of all time and now they are on fire after he got punted. Melbourne United were woeful until Vickerman got there, do you remember Gleeson, Perth never been the same after he left.
It's your opinion and you are entitled to it but I’ll stick with mine. I didn’t say kings would crumble either, I just believe it will be closer.

Reply #907771 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Katz aware of incident when he kicked the advertising screen, his presser was innocent, so assume maybe he done lashed out again. Trouble with no official word leaves to speculation. I'm picking JJs tonight, would continue to create interest in leader table. Refs may have a say tonight

Reply #907776 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Sorry Jatz.

Reply #907777 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Love Gazey, he calls it straight with a bit of humour.

Reply #907778 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Early days but McVeigh making Cooks D look average.

Reply #907779 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Offense sells tickets.

The owner of the league is a businessman.

Essentially he has prostituted the game, instructing the referees that no one is allowed to eve try and defend.

If anyone tries to defend they ought to be punished.

This is the product you get.

A foul every 30 seconds.

Reply #907782 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Glover and Bruce are to good for bench players.

Reply #907783 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

LOL Kings shooting 68%

This is what you want isnt it the NBL?

Reply #907784 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

JJ's coach gets a warning early for bad behaviour. Nothing changes.

Reply #907786 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

The game has gone for 17 minutes and the JJs have 6 defensive rebounds.

What a quality comp this is.

Reply #907787 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Two years ago

Jacket will be the life of any party they attend tomorrow

Reply #907788 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

LOL so funny how the JJs are shooting every 10 seconds, cant make a shot and therefore dont even bother to defend.
But but but but Analytics, the Warriors play this way.

The JJs are just another team that has lost its identity and got sucked into the biggest con known as analytics.

Reply #907789 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

19 mins into the game....the JJs have 6 defensive rebounds.

Thats it JJs, just keep on jacking up shots every 10 seconds.

The Warriors do it, the analytics say to do it..

You just keep on doing that.

Its working great.

Just as United jacked up 51 3s the other and got pummeled.

But the analytics......

Reply #907790 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

"In 2022 an NFL head coach would jump out a fourth floor window because analytics say it's faster than taking the stairs."

Reply #907791 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings bench just so good, the fat lady is not singing but her voice is seriously tuning up.

Reply #907793 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Refs again deplorable.

Reply #907797 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

After 30 mins of basketball, the JJs have 10 defensive rebounds....10 LOL

Reply #907798 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings then daylight, when they are in this sort form.

While jacket does talk a lot crap he's right on some of the rubbish they call, if in doubt, don’t make a call.

Reply #907799 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

12500 in tonight, smith and kings got be congratulated for what they have done in Sydney.

Reply #907800 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

One thing i have noticed about this league, when a result is well and truly in the bag, coaches on both sides - winning and losing keep there starters or top reserves in the game until literally 60 seconds left.

In the NBA, the fringe benches get a decent run in blow outs.

Reply #907802 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

I reckon there is something real dark and sinister going on in this league.

I will keep those thoughts to myself.

Reply #907805 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Jacket, Serious Question.
Do you not have a life?
Are you all there?
Why do you bother?
I stopped watching AFL when the floods started. I couldn't change it, so it lost me as a viewer.
Recently started enjoying NRL.
Give it up. No one cares about the rubbish you spit.

Reply #907807 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

It's 40 minute game. Until the nbl becomes more popular around Australia then we could see the 48 minute game back but that won’t even happen in 10 years. Just wait for another finance crisis and the league will drop again. It just happens, it’s life.

I tipped Sydney by 20pts, I’m wrapped!

Reply #907811 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Jacket, please keep all your thoughts to yourself.

Reply #907814 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Jacket is like if Clint Dogg was capable of calming down by about 95%.

Reply #907820 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

"Anyone know what particular incident that Buford is being stood down for."

___

Buford was deemed to have contravened the league's code of conduct when he kicked a door in frustration following the Kings' epic double-overtime loss to South East Melbourne in Traralgon a fortnight ago.

Last season, Buford was fined $10,000 and handed a suspended one-match ban for insinuating NBL referee Chris Read held a bias against his team and writing profanities on the officials' door following a close loss to Illawarra.

From: https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/35346523/nbl-round-13-kings-take-jackjumpers-coach

Reply #907833 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Jacket is like if Clint Dogg was capable of calming down by about 95%.

but he's never worked for a NBL club or released an album.

Reply #907834 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Two years ago

I bet Jacket's never had a music video played on Rage either (even if it was at some ungodly hour while no-one was watching).

Reply #907851 | Report this post

Haha. Is he posting from the crib room on a remote mining site?

Reply #907852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754