Dunkman
Two years ago

Melbourne v SEM

Seems like these side play one another every second week.

I can't see SEM letting this go and United will be still shattered from last loss, expecting a good contest though, with the battle of the 5 men being interesting. United are just not that smart, Creek has been very good but imo Broekhoff has been the key to this side defensively and has the smarts.

SEM by 8.

Topic #50687 | Report this topic

WC95  
Two years ago

NBL have a shocking fixturing system. Can't they spread these games out over the whole season and build up greater anticipation?

Reply #906694 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

^^^ could not agree more. Spread the fixtures out, I know it's not always easy due to court availability but it should be better. Kings playing hawks again on weekend.

Reply #906695 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

John Cain Arena isn't available after this week, so all the Throwdowns have to be played in the first half of the season.

Reply #906696 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I'll set a mark of 14.5 for the amount for the amount of times commentary refers to this game as the 'Throwdown'. Who's going under/over?

Heart says United, but form says Phoenix and I'll give it to them by 5.

Reply #906699 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Tucker is absolutely feeling it. United really are a totally different team with Ili.

Reply #906702 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Tucker starting to show us what he can do, he's talked it up so about time.

Reply #906704 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Lee very good addition to United.

Reply #906705 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Tucker dunking over Creek a highlight, though Creek was in a bad defensive position.

Reply #906707 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Yep Lee's very good. Good rim protector and just plays his role.

Reply #906708 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Tucker and XRM aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Reply #906710 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Adelaide needed him more than United - was he even on their radar?

Reply #906711 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Full credit to United cos Phoenix have been woeful, even missing bunnies

Reply #906712 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Lee is United best import, does exactly what a quality 5 man should do at both ends. I can see nbl clubs getting on the phone to see what's he’s doing next season.
Can SEM win the championship, I just don’t see it, defensively to soft. Led by 10 early and just disappear. While Creek is a very good player he’s not winning it with out help.

Reply #906713 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Strangely tepid showing from SEM. All starters practically played 30+ mins, so they were going hard for that W too.

Reply #906716 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

NBL have a shocking fixturing system. Can't they spread these games out over the whole season and build up greater anticipation?

I was looking at January fixtures and this stood out for me:

07/01 SYD-PER
20/01 PER-SYD
05/02 PER-SYD

Lame.

Reply #906717 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

United with Ili 4-2

Without Ili 3-9

Tucker doing what Prather, Kennedy, Hopson and Trimble did before him. Causing people to question the signing, before finding his place

Reply #906719 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Yep. Scoring 21ppg in his last eight games now at a very good %, I think the Tucker debate is pretty close to being over.

Reply #906723 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Vickerman continues to get buy in from his players. Apart from Roth are then any other coaches able to consistently develop his players to such a high level. Illi continual growth, Peedy huge off bench. If they don't make finals, they sure going to have an impact on who else makes it. SEM would have to be happy they got all their hames early.

Reply #906724 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

A few people got sucked in by SEM after their win beating up on a listless 36ers team. They're a mediocre team.

Reply #906726 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

I think the 7-2 or whatever they were coming into last night with their starting five in place is what has them rated highly. They haven't played Sydney yet though, and Sunday's game might tell us more about whether they're contenders or pretenders.

Reply #906727 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I doubt Lee was on anyone's radar outside of United - he went to college with Humphries while they were at Kentucky and I believe they are friends off the court based on the interviews when he arrived, so I'm sure that played a very large part in why United were able to secure him. Agree on the above - he plays his role and has a skillset that is more unique here than in the other leagues he's struggled to stick in.

Reply #906746 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Very few imports 'stick' anywhere in world basketball, it's just not how it works, the Bryce Cottons and Peyton Sivas are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Reply #906747 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Humphries was with Adelaide for 2 years before going to United. He could have told Adelaide about Lee during that time.

I'm assuming that Lee only ended up at United because he was available at the time they needed someone.

Reply #906749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754