DeanoC
Two years ago

Newby coach tips?

Hi All,

This is my first post. Sorry if it's in the wrong category.

I played ball most of my life, been out of the game for around 10 years but still have a massive passion for it so I've decided to start coaching juniors.

I'm in FNQ. I will be coaching under 10s next year, but have never coached in my life. Are there any great resources or tools out there I can utilise to give me some direction for how to start off the season and structure training sessions etc?

Thanks in advance.

Topic #50684 | Report this topic

Pinch  
Two years ago

Start here and then explore your own preferences. Always good to have a mentor.

https://coach.basketball.net.au/

Reply #906540 | Report this post

JT  
Two years ago

I've coached juniors quite a bit. You have played so you know the basics. More than enough for u10’s.

The main thing is always the main thing- let the kids have fun with it. Don’t overcoach them.

Reply #906541 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Key things at that age are have fun and develop (eg long term and skills).

Reply #906542 | Report this post

DeanoC  
Two years ago

Thanks for everyones replies! I definitely want to focus on emphasising having fun whilst playing the game, playing as a team and always respecting referees and opposition players. Along with fundamentals of course :)

Reply #906564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754