Isaac
Two years ago

How is Giddey tracking?

Had a solid game statistically today, but it might be hard to measure him on a developing team and against a club like the Knicks. What are his strengths and what would he need to improve to run a competitive squad?

Topic #50599 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Looks to be tracking very, very well. His bank account would be in good shape.

Reply #904252 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Still shooting just 31% from deep, would love to see that number increase, if it can then he is tracking very well indeed.

Reply #904253 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

24 points (10/14 FG inc 2/3 3P), 10 boards, 12 assists, 3 t/o, +15
Yeah... pretty solid game statistically.

Reply #904254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

I had to qualify the statement because I don't have time to watch games, and you can have a shallow triple double in the NBA, on occasions!

Embiid's statline today - also solid...

Reply #904255 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I thought Giddey was going to be a bit of a bench/bit player in the NBA but he's proven me well and truly wrong so far. He has superhuman passing skills and his scoring ability continues to improve. He has the potential to be a very special player in the league and may end his career our best NBA export to date (yeah, sorry Ben)

Reply #904257 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bogut, Mills and Ingles all better than Ben, big Luke as well imo, probably others. Dellavedova has a championship.

Sorry I've gone off track.

Reply #904258 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Well Ben is easily the most talented player the country has ever produced but I dont think he'll have the best career. He's got a bad reputation and he's 26 now and in bad form. He can turn it around but I can also see a future where he slips out of the league.

Reply #904260 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Athletic, I'll give you, talented, not imo, man can’t make a three, free throw and is shakey on jump shots. Had all his opportunities opened up for him, I don’t see it. Yes has time to turn things around, better happen quickly.

Reply #904262 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Lol

Reply #904266 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yeah, being able to shoot the ball is a pretty significant facet of "talent" when it comes to the sport of basketball. There's a limit to how valuable you can be to your team if the opposition don't have to defend you.

Fortunately for Josh he's clearly not in denial about it.

Reply #904270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754