LV
Two years ago

United vs Kings

A long time between matchups

Walton Jr the way-too-early MVP fav

Ili situation becoming very concerning. Thinking of Shea. Been quite a few AFL careers end over concussions in recent years.

United probably less likely to make top 6 with the current roster. Good chance to test vs the best today

Topic #50482 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Caroline would want to get going if they need to pull the trigger on a guy he'll be it.

Reply #900782 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Cooks,,Creek and Franks, some awesome 4s in the good teams. Caroline under the spotlight today

And Tucker who shot poorly in Game 1

Reply #900796 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Creek has been average this season.

Good start to kings, two quality teams and coaches. The loss off Hukporti is massive. Kings by eight

Reply #900807 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

United defence doesn't look great early, no Ili has a big impact. Kings shooting the lights out and moving ball with ease. Understand the second unit philosophy but why does Vickerman consist with a full bench at the same time? Why not have a shooter Tucker/Goulding on at all time?

Reply #900810 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Oh my one of the greatest dunks in nbl history

Reply #900811 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Unbelievable dunk, as good as you get.

Reply #900813 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Kings looking ominous.

Reply #900815 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Cooks looking like an NBA talent, has range now, long on defence, runs the floor..elite

Reply #900816 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

I got him good lol. He sure did.

Reply #900817 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

The 3 most lopsided NBL games I've ever seen have all involved Melbourne vs Sydney over the past 3 years

Unfortunately this one involves Sydney being the victor

Reply #900818 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

This United roster is the worst Vickerman has had.

People probably realising now with Cooks there that the losses of Adams & Martin weren't going to be that detrimental.

Reply #900819 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Yawn, the Kings 3s are just falling.
Wait till they games when nothing falls for them.
Forward is right, the NBL is slowly becoming the NBA in terms of if you make your 3s, you win, if you don't then you cannot compete.

Reply #900820 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Totally agree on subs. Barker-Maluach-Okwera-Barlow-Newley isn't a 5 I would be running with

Simon is a heckuva defender and Cooks going from strength to strength, if Jack White can make NBA Cooks must be a real chance next year

Reply #900821 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Biggest criticism of the offence is they aren't getting Humphries involved

Run it to him in the low block like they used to with Tai Wesley

Reply #900822 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Offensively Humphries is no Wesley though.

Reply #900823 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Lowest half-time score in franchise history for United, presumably they've left the Tigers out of the equation.

Reply #900824 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Then again maybe not 23 points at H/T is disgusting and the Tigers were always high scoring teams.

Reply #900825 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Everyone in commentary were trying to pump up this "rivalry" like it's Lakers vs Celtics, more like Globetrotters vs Generals.
Have a feeling Vickerman is starting to dislike Humphries, 1st play out of the half he takes a 3. This on top of last week's crucial open miss in the paint and could clearly hear Vickerman yelling "dunk the fucking ball!!!".

Reply #900827 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

This on top of last week's crucial open miss in the paint and could clearly hear Vickerman yelling "dunk the fucking ball!!!".

I said when United signed him to pass the popcorn, I just knew Vickerman wouldn't tolerate him.

Reply #900829 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Could Melbourne beat the 1988 Supercats?

I'm leading towards no.

Reply #900830 | Report this post

Andrew  
Two years ago

Tucker was amazing... the best import in the NBL....

Reply #900838 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

But he played in the NBA...LV told me he was an MVP candidate, it's the hops.

You only have to look at the 36ers with Dusty 'Greatest shooter in the world outside the NBA' Hannahs to see how absurd the hype can be for some guys. Brady Manek was expected to do well because he went to a good school blah blah blah like that's any indicator of him being a good pro.

Reply #900854 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

You know me as the guy who craps on NBL highlights but that dunk by Cooks was nice!

Reply #900857 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

To be fair, Tucker was shut down by the best defender in the NBL

Let's give him more than 2 games

Caroline is the one I'm more worried about. Factoring in pre-season and the two opening games. He's played 7 games, Has he even shot above 40% from the field in a single game yet?

Reply #900859 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

LV, I'm willing to give Tucker more than 2 games no one is saying he's a bust you're the one who declared him an MVP candidate before he had even played a game. You gave him zero games.

Yes Tucker played well in the pre-season games but so did Jarrid Frye with the 36ers when he was MVP of the Blitz and once the real games started got found out pretty quick. Even performing well in pre-season games is no barometer to how things will go once other NBL teams have been able to get a better look at the player scouting wise.

All I'm saying is declaring a guy who is unproven in the NBL to be an MVP candidate was absurd.

Reply #900861 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Whether or not it was absurd will depend on whether or not he is eventually seen as an MVP candidate

My comments were perhaps madness or genius. It's not clear yet.

Reply #900862 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

My assessment of him being a likely MVP candidate was based on

- his stellar G League record, and proven ability to get to the hoop

- his position in United's team being one of few guys with serious scoring ability, which means they'll be running plays for him

Just a reminder too, Pete Hooley had him very high up on his list of top 20 NBL players. Before he'd played an NBL game. Hooley would've been using similar reasoning

Reply #900863 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

G league should not be used when assessing players, to many let downs when they have to face real defence.
That Cook dunk was extraordinary good, Humphries did a runner after it.

Reply #900868 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Humphris looks like a waste of talent unless Vickerman can turn him around. Very soft.

Reply #900872 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Various coaches have been trying for years, I'm pessimistic that it’s going to happen, yes he’ll have breakout games and all will think he’s fantastic, it just doesn’t last. He was supposed to be an nba quality player.

Reply #900874 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Still haven't recovered from the Cooks dunk.

Has to be said though, as good as the Kings looked in the first half (and it wasn't just the three point shooting - that came about as a result of how well they were playing on both ends in general), they were almost as bad in the 2nd. Took the foot off the gas big time and let United make the final score look almost respectable in comparison to the first half walloping.

Reply #900882 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Reply #900925 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Mmmkay, so even though it is HTML code "video src" isn't supported by Hoops? Lame!

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1578984277827784707/pu/vid/720x720/BDiAXF3MNG1n8MbB.mp4

Reply #900926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754