Was15
Two years ago

NBL1 Central Awards

Does anyone have any news on Woollcott and Halls medal winners plus other awards

Topic #50357 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Two years ago

NBL1 Central Instagram page

Reply #897579 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Believe the awards were announced today..
So think soon be know who got awarded awards.

Reply #897580 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

https://m.facebook.com/nbl1central/

Reply #897582 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

Men's season Title wide open after the weekend - either Woodville, South or Forestville could get it done on the day.

Women's title a bit more clear cut - at this stage West by 10+ points GF day.

Reply #897584 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

If Andy can't win with that stacked team Forestville’s management need to take a serious look at their coach for 2023

Reply #897585 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

Starling robbed in All Star 5. Showed why on Saturday night. Great achievement for Olbrich to be recognised as an 18 year old.

Whitmore or Ninnis both deserving of COTY.

Reply #897601 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"If Andy can't win with that stacked team Forestville's management need to take a serious look at their coach for 2023"

Not really. They are stacked but in an unbalanced way. DJ, Mays, Brine are all centers. They have one point guard

Reply #897603 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

Andy is responsible for recruiting the team as well. He booted Rios for DJ, which has caused this imbalance. I still think they will win but if they don't, I don’t think Andy can cop out with that.

Also from memory Brine has won before as a 3 man.

Reply #897606 | Report this post

Slowmo  
Two years ago

Andy is completely responsible for recruiting and for their loss on Saturday night.

Yes, they are unbalanced but I wouldn't define Mays and Brine as centers. They are both forwards. As is Machar and Purchase. But Machar is one of the best two way Australian players in this league and has the ability to play as a guard. Andy starting Fiston over Mays is a huge mistake just to have another guard out there. Fiston is too raw and flighty. Far too inexperienced and gets in foul trouble every damn time. He'd be better off starting Purchase, Mays, Machar, Johnson and Doyle.

They lost because of their defence on Saturday night. Well NS you have a guy like DJ who everyone in Australia knows can't play defence on Starling and of course they're stuffed and have Mays who if I recall correctly was defensive player of the yr a couple years back sitting on the bench half the game. Makes no damn sense. Purchase ain't exactly a defensive star either. The only guys (Mays and Brine) who had any hope stopping Starling were on the bench. Just my thoughts, but what do I know...

Reply #897607 | Report this post

Anonimous  
Two years ago

Pasadena 72, Yes Brine won with southern in 2018 as a 3 man. If I recall correctly he hit 6 or 7 3's in the final against forestville, ironically.. He and Machar are Forestville's most dynamic defenders imo

I believe Brine was hurt last saturday against South. However, Mays was not. Him playing 20 minutes in Brine's absence and Fiston's foul trouble makes absolutely no sense..

Reply #897621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754