LV
Two years ago

NBA Finals: Celtics vs Warriors, Game 3

This feels like a changing of the guard day.

Series not ever yet obviously, but Boston has had more answers over the first 3

Could we be seeing the beginning of the 3rd great "built not bought" dynasty of this century?

I still consider GWS a built dynasty, even with KD. The other 3 qualifies them. I'll pay 75%.

Spurs were the true built dynasty over 15 years.

Boston next?

Topic #50144 | Report this topic

LV  
Two years ago

GSW*

Reply #893495 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

What's most concerning if you're a GSW fan is Curry's been very good in this series. Klay and Curry today combined 11-24 from 3. But they still got beaten comfortably

Boston is more physical, bigger, and very good defensively.

Of course, as many have noted, Boston is prone to lapses and GSW can score fast- like Q3 of game 2.

Still plenty of basketball to be played in this series

Reply #893496 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm hoping for a built dynasty as you say, very few sports work that way now, most are cheque book franchises in all sports.

Reply #893500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Boston can score quickly as well. They look like the better all-round team, getting a lot of easy buckets whereas GSW are taking shots under pressure.

Reply #893501 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Boston did their best to throw it away in the 3rd.

Their turnovers are just horrible.

Credit to Boston though, when they are focused on D (thats only some of the time), that Defence is some of the best I have seen, even better than KG, Perkins, Rondo and James Posey line ups

Reply #893502 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

What is really impressive for Boston is that in January it appeared that this team might get blown up and Udoka might get fired. They've been so damn good since then. The fact they're doing this without their best player being his best self is incredibly impressive.

Warriors just seem to be going for home run balls too much. Some really speculative passes that keep getting picked off, bad shots etc. They have the guys that can pull of this kind of game for a lot of the time, but the Boston D is too good to let them do it consistently.

Jaylen Brown is in the box seat for finals MVP at this point and than it itself is pretty wild.

I wouldnt count the Warriors out, but they cant get it done if they cant get more consistent help for Steph. Hope it can push to 7

Reply #893506 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Boston's been the best team since jan.

GSW relying on hotstreaks to win this series

Next game pivotal... my guess, if GSW wins it goes 7, if C's win its done in 5!

Reply #893517 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Draymond Green needs to concentrate on playing basketball and not trying to be a thug/nuisance etc

Reply #893518 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Yeah this has been peak Draymond in the wrong way

Reply #893530 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Why isn't GSW playing Looney more

They're getting bullied inside, and he's actually got some presence in there. Even Green they're just jumping over

Reply #893537 | Report this post

Cake  
Two years ago

They struggle to generate offence with both Looney and Green on the floor. Playoff teams will live with those guys scoring in 2s rather than the Splash Brothers scoring in 3s.

But to me, the other part of that equation is that when you let Looney hang out near the basket, his defender can roam. Playing Looney on the perimeter means his defender actually has to guard him reasonably tight, or risk being unable to react when he turns into a screener.

Reply #893552 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I think Looney gives you enough on the offensive glass, screening and a rim runner that means when Green is actually switched on, those two can co exist.

The one that doesnt work at all though is Iggy and Green at the same time. It becomes over passing, no spacing and poor finishing at two positions.

Reply #893555 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Steph says "not done yet"

Reply #893653 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Steph was unbelievable, I think they got this.

Reply #893655 | Report this post

Toddy  
Two years ago

You've got to defend Steph Curry really close because he's the gun shooter.

Reply #893658 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Whatever happens from here, I'm glad I've got to watch Steph Curry playing like this over the past 4 games.

We are witnessing one of the all time greats at his best

Reply #893663 | Report this post

Cake  
Two years ago

Curry has been absurd, and as a non-partisan observer I hope the rest of the Warriors can do enough to win so that his performance gets the credit it deserves.

That was like a flipped script of game 1. I thought the Celtics looked like the better team pretty much all game, but the Warriors got the W.

I'm not sure the Warriors can get another road win. Game 5 should be fantastic.

Reply #893670 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754