Manu Fieldel
Two years ago

JJs @ Hawks, 20 Feb

Vaughan has that eyes-glazed-over Mark Zuckerberg robot stare down pat

Topic #49763 | Report this topic

Scout  
Two years ago

Good second quarter from the Jack Jumpers. McDaniel having a decent game - deserves some respect

Reply #885430 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Hawks 18 free throws at the half (made 14)

JJ's - NONE

Reply #885431 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Hoping for a big last 1/4 from the JJs

Reply #885433 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Hawks still in it but JJ's hitting some big shots to keep their buffer

Reply #885434 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Adams on fire!!

Reply #885435 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

love to know the foul differential

Reply #885436 | Report this post

Lawsy  
Two years ago

Man, what's happened to Harvey this season

Reply #885437 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Bring it home Jack Jumpers!

Reply #885438 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

22 made 3 pointers at 52% for the JJ's.

That's some kind of record for the 40 minute era

Reply #885439 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Ummm. Did the Jacks just beat Wollongong on their own floor? Wow.

Reply #885440 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

#436 JJ's 20 Hawks 13

Reply #885441 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

And without Magnay

Reply #885442 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

So Hawkes lose again.Tassie causing some real upsets.good on them.They certainly hit some treys tonight.

Whats going on with AJ.Shows on stats as Team Captain but has not played a game for weeks now.Getting paid all that money for doing nothing apart from bump bodies at training.

Could this be his last year.

Reply #885443 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Really shaking things up doing a few teams a favor knocking the hawks out of the top four

Reply #885444 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

I miss seeing AJ out on the court he was always one of my favorite whipping boys

Reply #885445 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

A lot of eggs on faces in this forum regarding the JJ's. "Won’t win a game", “Bottom two, most likely wooden spoon”, “Their imports are trash”, “Roth can’t coach to save himself” are some of my favorite calls from the 'expert’ anons from earlier in the season. Idiots.

Reply #885448 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Ummmmmm

Where are the Roth haters?

Thought so

Reply #885449 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Goorj made zero adjustments and holds no one accountable. He is cooked

Reply #885451 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I didn't think the JJs would be any good and said so, congratulations to Roth and his team, I’ll eat humble pie now.

Reply #885452 | Report this post

Wild Willy  
Two years ago

Roth doing quite a good job with the limited resources he has. Pity the timing of his departure and Trevors departure wasn't different as I reckon he would do well with the Wildcats current squad. Just my opinion.

Reply #885455 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Roth is using the Gleeson blueprint to perfection and is creating an identity to their style of play. I would have liked to see him as the successor at the cats also.

Reply #885458 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I admit I was one naysayer who quipped that the Jacks would be lucky to even win one game.

I can't recall a coach ever squeezing as much from a lemon has Roth has. What a great job he’s done.

Reply #885459 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

On paper the JJs are the worst team in the league and then daylight. There is no way this team should have got 2 wins in the season yet alone 7. This just says that Roth is the best coach and as he has said he has not just gone for the best players he has gone for the best people. No Locker room cancer and everyone buys in. Fantastic!

Reply #885461 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Never heard much criticism for roth, just the long term contracts for alot of bench players was odd.

If they don't make the finals, not many changes can be made for next year.

Reply #885462 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cairns list not a lot better than JJs if at all.

Reply #885464 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

To think Roth was under our noses the entire time yet the club went looking overseas.

Reply #885474 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Definitely need some size, Perth has more size in their DP's than JJ’s after Magnay

Reply #885475 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

What the heck is going on? Since when does Sam McDaniel shoot 20 points in 16 minutes with 4/4 from 3? Since when does this JJs team score 96 against anybody? 22-42 from 3?

Is this really how bad the Hawks D is??? Or did JJs just have a freakish, once-a-season type shooting night?

Reply #885481 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Lots of locker room cancer with the Hawks.

Reply #885482 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Gorj was pretty spot on in his halftime chat - this was another 'Delly' game, except 'Delly' this time was several players that were on fire. Hats off to the JJs, great win. Hawks did themselves no favours defensively in the first half to allow the JJs to get it rolling, but just one of those nights I feel for the most part - wouldn't be as concerning if the Hawks didn't seem to have 'one of those nights' on every 2nd outing.

Reply #885487 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

I just love what Roth has done with this TEAM. They may not have the most skilled players, but they play hard every game. Tassy should be very proud of their team.

Reply #885509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754