joshuapending
Years ago

36ers Schedule released

Hope you like Sunday games! Horrible schedule for mine. Worst I can remember. Hopefully the team works though.

Topic #49305 | Report this topic

Rabbit 41  
Years ago

wouldn't go if you paid me no matter what day it is - awful organisation that treat people appallingly

Reply #873461 | Report this post

Rabbit 41  
Years ago

Reply #873462 | Report this post

Oberon 31  
Years ago

yer - was not a big believer in Conner (nor am I in what Ive heard from CJ so far), but the way they treated him was inhumane - seems standard practice for 36ers though

Reply #873463 | Report this post

to 77  
Years ago

off to Adelaide United FC for me this season - go Reds

Reply #873464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many Sunday games ,not good for families with District kids trainings regular on Sundays See how season goes if miss finals will not renew.
Disapointed to se Sixers have almost 3/4 season games on Sunday.

Reply #873467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but the way they treated him was inhumane" PLease tell us about this "inhumane" experience. Can't wait!

Reply #873468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If my maths is correct...36ers have 1x Monday game, 1x Tuesday game, 3x Friday games, 1x Saturday game and 8x Sunday games.

Reply #873469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers are so far removed from being an SA team it is ridiculous. Have nothing in common with Sixer teams of the past. A bunch of blow ins from top to bottom, that long term hardcore Sixer fans have zero interest in following.

Reply #873472 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The schedule was always going to be inconvenient for someone. It just so happens Sunday is the most convenient day for me so I'll be making a lot of games this season.

Reply #873481 | Report this post

Myst19  
Years ago

My understanding from someone at the league is that Nick actually requested all of the Sunday games to be as early as possible - to make them family friendly games.

Does anyone left at the club have any idea?

Reply #873482 | Report this post

Pug 95  
Years ago

Grrrrrrr. Sunday games. That's me out fro most of the season. Saturday night has always been by far and away best for us. We’re not a Soccer Club Mr new CEO!

Reply #873484 | Report this post

Titan 93  
Years ago

Just in case you needed any more evidence that the 6ers don't listen to, or rate their people!

Reply #873485 | Report this post

Guiy 78  
Years ago

Agree Oberon. To bring Conner back, have him quarantine for 28 days, then tell him part of Mojave agreement is a starting spot, then sack him when he expresses such a decision is an 'interesting' one to make without consulting him is a DISGRACE.

Reply #873486 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

To what extent do you think 36ers dictate schedule?

The NBL makes the fixture - maybe blame them if you don't like it?

Reply #873487 | Report this post

Dione 65  
Years ago

Worst fixture ever. I love a beer when watching the 36ers. Doesn't work on Sundays.

Reply #873488 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

was as one eyed as the next 36er faithful up until the way they treated Creek after the 2017 Grand Final Series

that was the end of the 36ers for me

they used to pride themselves on being a very accessible and 'family friendly' club

you used to go to games and see the same familiar friends and it felt like family

the access to the players after the games was really good

then they did creek dirty

and moved to the entertainment centre (i get it they wanted more supporters etc) but they should have only played a few games there against the bigger teams i.e. perth/united that always have good crowd support

they stopped really listening to the supporters at all and now it just isnt the same vibe anymore at games

only DJ has hung around and the way they handled the kevin white/joey wright incident didnt help at all and now hiring of connor henry and his departure...

team looks ok on paper but they have sold their soul a litle bit each year since the end of 2017

yes they will get good crowds (guessing if restrictions ease will always be around or more than 70% capacity)

but it just isnt the same

i dont mind sunday games but definitely prefer friday night or saturday night games... maybe they didnt want to interfere with the soccer games at hindmarsh?

Reply #873489 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Who does Adelaide play 4 times?

Reply #873491 | Report this post

Dione 65  
Years ago

Agree re Creek. The way the club treated him, lost me forever. Club never been the same.

Reply #873492 | Report this post

Red 35  
Years ago

They clearly don't care about the country people with that spot. Will have to fill the place up with free tickets for politicians again!

Reply #873493 | Report this post

Charon 74  
Years ago

I'm not going to watch the 6ers at lunchtime Sunday, except when Creek comes to town

Reply #873494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Using Creek and family friendly in the same arguement. Baffles me.

Reply #873497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many "new users" just now. All bagging the 6'ers. 1posters and "new nicks. How unusual.

Reply #873498 | Report this post

Europe 15  
Years ago

paid 6ers staff must have just arrived at work and under instruction to try to polish the turd with some positive comments

Reply #873499 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Lol the "individual" who has different names, you are the same person ahhahaha every forum that involves the 36ers u comment on all ur accounts and are the only person that agrees with ur comments. If u want to be secretive try not to use (-) every single time lol

KET of course they are going to blame the front office for a NBL made decision

Reply #873500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many names with the same format as the "Random name suggestion for anonymous posters:" Hell the one for this reply is Rabbit 97.

Reply #873501 | Report this post

Europe 15  
Years ago

bring back Creek

Reply #873503 | Report this post

Titan 17  
Years ago

the fixture and lack of consideration for fans has copped a hiding n Facebook as well!

Reply #873504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can only schedule when the venue is available and the COVID conditions allow. They have released a schedule which itself is an amazing achievement with all the moving parts.

Reply #873514 | Report this post

Charon 74  
Years ago

Soooo Amazing! AFL been playing here all year and entertainment centre has bugger all acts with international borders closed. Amazing work 6ers!

Reply #873519 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What are peoples issues with it exactly?

People wanting more Saturday night home games or?

If you're Adelaide you get good amount of extra coverage via FTA which probably helps with giving value to your sponsors and early afternoon Sunday is probably prime "bring the children to the basketball" type family time I’d imagine?

Not as good for those wanting Saturday night bball and hit up the local bars after

Reply #873520 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

It's tough for the fans that travel to the games. At least with Friday night or Saturday we still have some time off before the week starts again.

Reply #873526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET,

For my situation it's difficult as Sundays are the main district training times. The earlier on Sunday, the more problematic it becomes.

Fridays aren't great but are good in December and January when games are not on. Saturday's perfect.

I presume that there is some research in the Adelaide market that you don't need the district bball crowd, and to put games on at times that clash with district bball training can produce bigger crowd numbers from a broader audience.

If so, all the power to the club.

Reply #873529 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

At the point travel becomes onerous, wouldn't people prefer to get home by dinner time on Sunday opposed to very very late on a Sat/Friday night?

I’d have thought the more travel the more reason early or mid Sunday arvo is beneficial?

The convenience argument on that doesn’t stack up - sounds more like "I don’t want to do anything on a Sunday arvo"?

If that’s the real argument, then fine - but if you asked various groups of people what their preference is, you’re going to get varying opinions, and the Sunday arvo seems to be least inconvenient-family friendly maximising, so from a 36ers perspective it’s probably great.

I think maybe Adelaide loses out on the “professionals after work” type crowd

Reply #873530 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" For my situation it's difficult as Sundays are the main district training times. The earlier on Sunday, the more problematic it becomes."

Absolutely fair point - but I think young district kids play on Saturday, I don't think it’s a matter of eliminating district as a whole market, I think district just ends up covering 7 days a week through trainings and games depending on which level and age.

Reply #873531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charon74, did you ever think it was other teams who's venues may not be available hence unfortunately the NBL had to schedule games where they can across the board.

Reply #873534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET please stop. You don't understand Adelaide, regional SA or Adelaide District basketball. You don't have to comment on every topic. Especially one you're just making things up on.

Reply #873535 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I played for Forestville for 10 years and coached Sturt for 4 years - I understand "Adelaide" and “District basketball”.

You disagreeing =/= the person you disagree with is clueless.

What's the saying about assumptions?

Reply #873539 | Report this post

Charon 74  
Years ago

Hey someone with weight / respect around NBL table. Always had plenty Saturday nights when we were a respected club

Reply #873543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The landscape has changed considerably since the abacus Charon

Reply #873546 | Report this post

Charon 74  
Years ago

Is it that long since you think we've been a respected Club?

Reply #873547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then you should know KET that District on a Saturday is over by 12:30. Hardly an issue for families wanting to go to a Saturday night 36ers game.

A 7:30pm tip off with 10min quarters isn't that late a night. It's also an event, a family outing, a chance for mates to go out together. Like it or not Daytime/Afternoon just isn't the same.

AFL going to nights for this reason, NBL going to afternoon because it doesn't rate anyway so easy to fill time when ratings are always going to be low.

Reply #873548 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Using Creek as a reason for not supporting the club is fast losing its validity.

a) Its a long time ago now, so many things have happened since, when are you going to let it go?
b) Mitch Creek is hardly a Saint.
c) The club has 'generally' / more often than not made the right decisions.

Reply #873558 | Report this post

Charon 74  
Years ago

Club has made next to no good decisions and treats it's fans and people like crap

Reply #873560 | Report this post

Green 20  
Years ago

A fish rots at the head

Reply #873562 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NBL has Saturday night games - your complaint here is 36ers don't get enough of the allocation for your liking.

The NBL decides the fixture - they likely incorporate:

> The optimal spread of games (ie not chucking all of them on a sat night)
> TV partners - the ones that are actually paying $$$ now; and those that provide FTA reach but aren’t going to give it at prime time (10Peach)
> Team input (don’t try to overstate this - it’s one factor that the NBL needs to consider and balance for 10 teams that all probably want the same thing)
> Venue availability
> Logistics including ensuring each club plays each other 3 times and associated travel
> Externalities such as Covid/Gov regulations

Sunday afternoon games whilst it’s not going to please everyone, I don’t think 36ers will be complaining at a very family friendly time.

You can’t be convenient or please everybody- I don’t think the small number of district players that happen to be training on a Sunday afternoon - if there are any - would be troubling to the 36ers.

Whilst someone like myself prefers a sat night game and hitting the bars up after, the reality is there would be plenty of young families preferring to go on a Sunday arvo to give them something to do during the day.

That just might not be you or me.

Maybe take onboard that the 36ers wouldn’t have ultimate control in this, and what’s inconvenient to your particular situation isn’t necessarily inconvenient for others or as far reaching on district basketball as you’re peddling.

Perhaps put the gun down - a good portion of people on here are from Adelaide and most of us have spent a substantial portion of our lives around district basketball.

Your posts come across like you’re writing to The Advertiser editor in outrage that our precious parks are being taken over by some nefarious company - won’t somebody think of the children!

Reply #873563 | Report this post

Green 20  
Years ago

6ers staff spending way too much time in this form I'm. No wonder our membership packs are late every year.

Reply #873564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with venue availability (not only your's but also 9 other clubs). There are 2 Sunday prime time free to air spots that they also have to fill. Throw in some COVID border travel restrictions at the beginning of the season and here you are.

Reply #873565 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

long serving loyal supporters have long memories

wed still boo bradtke and hodge if they were still playing

redhage too

goulding would still "feel the love" from a 36ers crowd

but i suspect those supporters are less and less

club doesnt care about the past....

boti summed it up perfectly in one of his blog posts

ill still go to the odd game

but unlike previous years i wont know most of the players

creek is one of the nicest players i have ever met, has he done some silly things off court? no doubt he has, not denying he isnt a saint

name a right decision the club has made since 2017 that has has the majority of loyal long time members support? (maybe that is the issue...its the loyal members fault for not wanting change...communication is key and they have left members in the dark for a while...)

Reply #873567 | Report this post

Green 20  
Years ago

Agree re Creek. That was final straw for me.

Reply #873570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET you're changing your story now. I thought it was Saturday District that was an issue?

No one is saying all games should be Saturday night. People understand the various ways in which a draw gets pulled. 8/14 is over the top. Considering 1 is a Tuesday between Christmas and NYs and one a Monday NOT the Adelaide Cup Long Weekend but the Monday after (makes total sense) I'd say people have a fair complaint to make.

The NBL advertising of this Schedule is they're putting the fans first. They're not putting Adelaide fans first by scheduling ONE Saturday twilight game for the whole season.

It is however reality of where the 36ers have dropped as a brand. Apart from Cairns I'd suggest every other club would have a better National following now.

Reply #873585 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Club has made next to no good decisions and treats it's fans and people like crap

name a right decision the club has made since 2017 that has has the majority of loyal long time members support?

1) Moving to the AEC.
2) Getting Isaac Humphries.
3) Getting Josh Giddey.
4) Getting Sunday Dech.
5) Getting Money Makin Mitch.
6) Getting rid of Donald Sloan early.
7) Getting rid of Connor Henry
8) Getting rid of Keanu Pinder
9) Getting JVG (this will be contentious but more good things have happened than bad since his involvement).

One can argue that items 6) through 8) are results of initial screw ups, but at least they have acknowledged and addressed those errors whereas previously we have not. Eg Eric Griffin and Ramone Moore.

Reply #873587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signing Kai Sotto to a Multi Million dollar deal was a marketing genius. He has millions of loyal social media fans.

Reply #873588 | Report this post

Vesta 38  
Years ago

Getting JVG!!! That's going to start an avalanche of feedback! Just FYI, JVG bought in ALL those people (and other duds) you’ve advised the club has dine well to get rid of!!! Goodness me.

Let’s the JVG games begin ...….

Reply #873590 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" KET you're changing your story now. I thought it was Saturday District that was an issue"

Changing what story? I'm arguing there isn’t much of a district issue flat out - but if you’re going to pedal that there is one, Sunday afternoon isn’t going to be a bad slot!

I said district is played or trained 7 days a week - so it’s going to inconvenience someone regardless of slot and Saturday is no different to that.

I bet it would be an inconvenience to those who have Sunday morning 8.30am training to go to!

“ They're not putting Adelaide fans first by scheduling ONE Saturday twilight game for the whole season.”

Depends on the fan - you mean they’re not putting *you* first.

Learn to live outside your own bubble - 36ers have been clear as day in their attempts to get young families in - I’d imagine young families are the “winners” in this.

36ers have 12 Sunday games, Melbourne United 10 - I think it’s around the mark?

Perth aren’t going to have Sunday 1pm games at home - that would be a 10am game for them. Even a midday game their time is a bit rich. They’re going to be more Thu/Fri/Sat evening game slanted as a result.

Would I prefer a few more Saturday home games? Sure - but it looks pretty advantageous for Adelaide if your aim is to get families going and have more FTA exposure to increase value for your sponsors - which is the point I made above that was so strongly shot down with “you don’t know Adelaide rar rar rar”.

Reply #873591 | Report this post

Mimas 85  
Years ago

JVG! Don't think I’ve got the energy to go though all the things that bloke has touched that have turned to crap, both at 6ers, and at numerous clubs he’s ruined prior.

Reply #873592 | Report this post

Green 20  
Years ago

Bringing up JVG. That's an own-goal (our new soccer oriented CEO will understand that one) for the numerous 36ers critics!

Reply #873593 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The screw-ups:

1. Taking Mitch Creek to the Supreme Court to try to void his NBA contract
2. Hiring JVG in any capacity let lone GM after what he did to the Kings
3. Giving Joey Wright a new 5 year contract in 2017 despite already being under contract at the time.
4. The Terrence Ferguson bungled $400K NBA buyout payment.
5. Losing Nathan Sobey to the Bullets.
6. Losing local Majok Deng to the Taipans.
7. Signing imports Jerome Randle (again) and Eric Griffin and supposedly paying Griffin big money even though he couldn't be played alongside DJ.
8. Firing Joey Wright in 2020 despite 2 years left on his contract.
9. Signing Conner Henry to a 3 year deal.
10. Telling Matt Hodgson to leave because we're singing Harry Froling.
11. Losing Anthony Drmic and Froling to the Bullets
12. Losing Jack McVeigh to Tasmania.
13. Firing Conner Henry despite 2 years left on his contract. Presumably assistant coach Jamie Pearlman has been fired too after only one year.
14. Signing rookie head coach CJ Bruton to a 3 year deal.

Reply #873596 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" 10. Telling Matt Hodgson to leave because we're singing Harry Froling.
11. Losing Anthony Drmic and Froling to the Bullets"

Unless it's Isaac Humphries, I’d say anyone singing is a screwup.

Was losing Froling a screwup? I don’t remember wanting him back.

Is this a list of screwups for one ownership group or have we forgotten our screwups relating to Ingles and Newley?

Reply #873597 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Was losing Froling a screwup? I don't remember wanting him back.

We told a contracted better player (Hodgson) to explore his options because we were signing Harry Froling. The relationship with Froling soured after just one year despite winning NBL rookie of the year and then he too left a year later after an underwhelming season. We lost a quite serviceable Hodgson out of that.

Is this a list of screwups for one ownership group or have we forgotten our screwups relating to Ingles and Newley?

I only listed the screw-ups under the current owner.

Reply #873600 | Report this post

Green 20  
Years ago

Great entree Zodiac. Looking forward to the rest of the list when you get time. She's been an interesting ride with this management!

Reply #873604 | Report this post

Oberon 31  
Years ago

The sprinkling of positive comments have ceased. 6ers staff have clearly clocked off for the day!

Reply #873610 | Report this post

Oberon 31  
Years ago

15. 3 dud imports (in a 2 import season) recruited by JVG last season

Reply #873613 | Report this post

Hogwash 43  
Years ago

Was just thinking, how can there be so much hate the the way this club is managed..... but Zodiac has probably answered that!

Reply #873614 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

If saying not signing Harry frolling is a bad thing u guys are odd
Also the Mitch creek thing is old, why would u want a drug and women abuser at ur club ahaha

Reply #873616 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stating the obvious, but: Lots of posts from same IPs but with different aliases.

Reply #873617 | Report this post

Titan 17  
Years ago

Creeky is my all time favorite - that's why I now support SEM every time they come to town

Reply #873620 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Yes @isaac this is what I was trying to say before lol seems pretty obvious ahahahah

Reply #873622 | Report this post

Titan 17  
Years ago

must be all the 6ers staff working from one place

Reply #873632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1st home game for the JJ's Vs the 6'ers. If they don't beat that rabble they will be in for a LONG season. Will Roth last 1 season?

Reply #873633 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Might see a NZ v 36ers dejavu

Reply #873635 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Too many selfish people.. support the club ...happy for me living Western suburbs. Recall so many unhappy with the Dome or arena whatever and wanted different venue ... get your wish and still not happy ... either support or sod off ... it's your team .. get on board .. does it matter when playing or more that they are playing ... and get off the JVG badgering tram... he's great value.. he is a doer not a gunna ... look at coke or west end and stop the negative shit ... bring on the season ... true believers will rally... all the way CJ ..

Reply #873665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, JVG was so good in Sydney. Such a great hiring. Sod off is a better option.

Reply #873681 | Report this post

Oberon 31  
Years ago

JVG! Certainly his last year assuming club misses finals again.

Reply #873696 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

1st home game for the JJ's Vs the 6'ers. If they don't beat that rabble they will be in for a LONG season. Will Roth last 1 season?
36ers giving a new team their first victory - isn't that a story as old as time itself?

Reply #873706 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Strong enough Isaac that it's almost worth us betting our houses on a Tassie win!

Reply #873710 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Hi Guys, We have a new show out Throwback Hoops on Youtube and all podcast channels. Spotify, Stitcher, iTunes. We have 2 episodes out and we will have a new one every week.We will be having some big names on the show this season. We talk all things hoops, including NBA, NBL, Aussies playing overseas as well as some fantasy and throwback jersey talk. @throwbackshoops on twitter. Please do support us and check out the show. Youtube link below. Adelaide team preview will be dropping on Sunday the 24th.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WRZ0vCJ-M4M55dFYOJ3bw

Reply #873719 | Report this post

Titan 17  
Years ago

isn't it amazing how much 'hate' there clearly is for the current 36ers management?

Reply #873754 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not really, given many of the posts are from your account using different names.

Reply #873758 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

1. Taking Mitch Creek to the Supreme Court to try to void his NBA contract

Agreed this was a screw up, one that hopefully we have since redeemed ourselves from with an exemplar like Josh Giddey.
2. Hiring JVG in any capacity let lone GM after what he did to the Kings

I initially agreed with this but he had done more good than bad which is a good start. Are there any GM's that don't make mistakes?
3. Giving Joey Wright a new 5 year contract in 2017 despite already being under contract at the time.

At that time, Wright had runs on the board, including successive playoff appearances and a GF, then another GF after that year. I agree 5 years is abnormal but at the time we were contending.
4. The Terrence Ferguson bungled $400K NBA buyout payment.

Agreed a screw up.
5. Losing Nathan Sobey to the Bullets.

Sobey wanted to leave to play PG for the Boomers coach, and fell out with Wright. Is that on the 6ers management?
6. Losing local Majok Deng to the Taipans.

No loss.
7. Signing imports Jerome Randle (again) and Eric Griffin and supposedly paying Griffin big money even though he couldn't be played alongside DJ.

Deshon Taylor was injured for a large part of that season anyway. Griffin is a bad call, in hindsight. Keyword hindsight.
8. Firing Joey Wright in 2020 despite 2 years left on his contract.

The 5 years was a gamble and it didn't. Both parties knew Wright's time was getting stale, isn't it a credit to the management to seek a new direcion rather than stick with the same thing that hadn't got to the playoffs in the prior 2 years? The parting of ways was by mutual agreement just to be clear.
9. Signing Conner Henry to a 3 year deal.

I didn't love this choice but it was a senior coach with credentials and some achievement since his short stint in Perth. Again it was a gamble, in hindsight a bad one.
10. Telling Matt Hodgson to leave because we're singing Harry Froling.

Cannot comment as I do not know Matt's motives, but he has hardly set the world on fire in Brisbane. His most notable achievement is thinking he would opt out of the covid contract provisions. We tried Hodgson with DJ a few years, it didn't work, what indicator do you have that it would flourish?
11. Losing Anthony Drmic and Froling to the Bullets

Froling no loss at all. Drmic was servicable but again has not set the world on fire in Brissie. If he was asking big money, then it was the right decision to let him explore options.
12. Losing Jack McVeigh to Tasmania.

Another serviceable player and up and coming. Would have liked to keep him at the right price, but if TT are paying overs would you want to pay overs for McVeigh.
13. Firing Conner Henry despite 2 years left on his contract. Presumably assistant coach Jamie Pearlman has been fired too after only one year.
Agreed poor decision to get him in in the first place but again we at least have the metal to admit wrong and seek a different direction (I didn't say better direction, see below)
14. Signing rookie head coach CJ Bruton to a 3 year deal.

Agreed. I am not sold on this idea, but we were in a position where coaches were turning us down. This is a gamble again. But so is Scott Roth and Scott Morrison and Adam Forde.

I am no 6ers blind follower, I am on record calling out poor behaviour and decisions. But I am willing to give them a bit of rope and let poor decisions (Creek) from years back that have no impact today colour my view of the team. The concern was no one wanted to play for the Sixers after that, since then Isaac Humphries, the number 6 pick in the draft, and Mitch McCarron.

Reply #873764 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^ I think that's a more pragmatic analysis on the 36ers.

It’s a bit weird calling signing Froling a screwup and then losing Froling a second screw up on the basis of them signing him in the first place.

FWIW I think re-signing him was the right thing to do at the time he had real potential and then he didn’t go further so letting him leave was the right move.

I’d have like to have kept Drmic. Same with McVeigh but right price - not sure that’s a screwup if they’re paying overs.

Wright 5 years was a mistake - even a brilliant coach you’d give 3 right?

Moving on was right because it became untenable - the decision was right - whether the culture was in part due to bad management that could be deemed a screwup.

CH - I think ditching him so late in the piece wasn’t ideal - they probably should have made a decision earlier and stuck with it. Shouldn’t have taken so long for wires to cross or come to the realisation that he’s not our guy.

There have been good recruits - Giddey, IH, McCarron.

Questionable import choices.

Not including a third import for the start of this season IMO will amount to a screwup on the basis of there being a glaring issue which they haven’t filled and probably won’t by sounds of it.

Reply #873779 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Titan 17 got called out.. people who love basketball want to see the sixers succeed ... how can you claim.managemeng are poor when that's there driving motivation. Nature of the era is the consistent migration and evolution of teams - no longer is it family and longevity .. in / out revolving door to find success... have feeling this year be very special and sure t17 be on the gravy train .. praising the foresight of all and sundry ... cj lead us all the way to that chip .... the guy is a winner ...

Reply #873812 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754