Aussie
Years ago

GF Game 2 television ratings figure 92k

65k on SBS VICELAND

27k ESPN

Surely this would have to be one of the highest rating NBL games for television in the history of the League?

Topic #47046 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All this with out any main stream media pumping up its tyres like wafl or other sports that people don't actually watch anymore. Cricket for starters.

Reply #799421 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Pretty good. Aside from the extra viewers that would have been at the game, there's an extra interest for tuning in to see the empty arena "fan ban" aspect to see how this all plays out especially in a grand final.

Reply #799424 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Plus Homebuyers Centre would have been thrilled with that. The lack of crowd meant their logo was more prominently seen on TV, as usually its partially covered by people :)

Reply #799425 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Other sports are off so NBL probably benefitting from that as well. But no I actually don't believe it's the highest ratings ever. FTA ratings around 60K are achieved a few times a season on average and the number for Foxtel is around the higher end of normal. When yuou combine the two it paints a nice picture though.

Reply #799426 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's good for the current times but I'm pretty sure there have been more than a few games over 100k in the past.

Reply #799427 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Viewer numbers are pretty bad generally for TV these days. That's a significant number for viceland though, what do they usually get on viceland for other shows?

Reply #799430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's pretty good for a game shown at 8:30/9:30 on the east coast.

This Sunday’s game should be a true test, prime viewing everywhere.

Reply #799448 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

Would like to know how many switched of or turned the volume down with poor call of the game and lack of replays

Reply #799453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to know how many people unmuted late in the game to discover that there was no homicide and they could have had the sound on the whole time

Reply #799456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So refreshing to watch a wildcats game having to put up with the camera cutting to fat, feral bogans between plays.

Reply #799457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Corey Williams was a big factor. He has been a disgrace to the maturity the overall product is trying to get to all season long.

Reply #799485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if this will take off in any way. Would be cool if someone like The Ringer really picked up on it and had some fun with it. Time zones are poor for the US though...

https://twitter.com/slate/status/1238766653921472514?s=21

Reply #799497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754