14-14

Adelaide (11-12)

BRIS W
@ NZ L
SEM W
CAIRNS W
@ PER L

14-14

Obviously the results with Cairns hold the keys for this to pan out, also the NZ @ Brisbane game could be the deciding factor in the race for 4th.

Would be interesting if we got a 4 way tie for 4th at 14-14

Topic #46755 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

On current form, you'd think Brisbane will win more than 3 and Melbourne less than 3!

Reply #787747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4th to 7th all on 14-14 would be funny though

Reply #787748 | Report this post

Would be funny more for 4th team not do much the rest.

Reply #787750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane to get the 4th & upset the Kings.

Reply #787751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least it no longer comes down to mini-ladders, its straight up %. Win and win big.

Reply #787752 | Report this post

I prefer % as a way to determine the winner in head to heads.

Reply #787755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will get first and Sydney second.

Perth v Brisbane
Sydney v Cairns

Could end up an all Queensland GF. Lol.

Reply #787758 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Still think Kings will get first. Cats are playing all teams fighting for playoff spots, Kings have Hawks twice and SEM once who are both cooked. Home helps for Cats, but can see us copping at least 1-2 home losses there.

Kings vs
@ Hawks
United
@ Cats
@ SEM
Hawks

Cats vs
NZ
@ United
Kings
Bullets
36ers

Reply #787761 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United had a 6 game winning streak. Cairns and NZ have both had 5 game winning streaks. Adelaide' s best was 3

Brisbane have won 3 in a row with a combined winning margin of 51. Their only losses in their past 7 outings were Hopson's game winner and a 2 point loss to Cairns. 4 of their last 6 are in Brisbane.

So who knows what will happen in the last 5 or 6 games?

Reply #787763 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United had a 6 game winning streak. Cairns and NZ have both had 5 game winning streaks. Adelaide' s best was 3

Brisbane have won 3 in a row with a combined winning margin of 51. Their only losses in their past 7 outings were Hopson's game winner and a 2 point loss to Cairns. 4 of their last 6 are in Brisbane.

Reply #787764 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Reply #787765 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sorry... stupid phone

Reply #787766 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

LV.... expected better from you. That's like the carpenter saying stupid hammer won't cut in a straight line! Sure it's the hammer, LV?

Reply #787769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How else would it have happened? You can't deliberately post the same thing three times so it probably was an issue with his phone.

Reply #787772 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I mean, yeah getting to the playoffs is good.
But it has to be put in perspective.

9 team league, one in their debut season and another that clearly doesn't have the dollars and the calibre to compete (Hawks).

So you're talking about 7 genuine players.

The real success will come if they can get deeper into the playoffs; otherwise a 14-14 team getting into the playoffs is "meh".

Reply #787780 | Report this post

Sense of humour is lost on some I got what you meant Robt.

Reply #787786 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

When the same thing is posted many times then sometimes the hammer is to blame. eg. last season when someone kept posting over and over on twitter that the Cats were no hope unless they signed a 3rd import.

Reply #787800 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

With the run of home games, Perth should take #1, Kings #2, Cairns #3, and then flip a coin. United could easily peel off a winning streak, but I thin NZ are a great chance with the run home they have and their current form.

Reply #787809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice, Luuuc.

Reply #787811 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not going to speculate on 1st vs 2nd until I know when Moller is due back.

Reply #787813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings 11W, 1L when with Moller, the loss was when Weaver was sent off at halftime, 6W, 6L without him. I believe him and lisch are a few weeks away as Weaver hinted in his press conference. If they both come back in reasonable form Sydney look good but Perth might have first spot by then.

Reply #787831 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Even if they both come back soon, it's gone to take a week or more to get them back into the rotation, and I think the current lineup is just starting to gel together (w/ Cooks in the starting 5), so there's the potential to cost Sydney enough wins to keep them from the top spot, even if we will be stronger for it in the post season.

Reply #787847 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide will lose 3 of their last 5.

Reply #787853 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

How much time will Moller be getting now that Cooks is there?

Reply #787856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller better defensively than Cook, he'll take time to get back but he’ll still get 20/25 when he’s got his pass marks from the medical team. Most kings loyal fans were very glad to get him back.

Why did United release him LV, seems very strange move, maybe Prather and McCarron there not required but Moller played a fair bit in the four. With Cook in probably spend more in three.

Reply #787861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of season ladder

Finals
Sydney
Perth
Cairns
NZ

Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
SEM
Illawara

Reply #787863 | Report this post

Cooks.

Reply #787876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bris v Melb on Feb 1st.

Huge.

Reply #787916 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

wonder when Prather is back???

Reply #787997 | Report this post

Prather is done hence the signing of Kidd.

Reply #788015 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

I don't think so....... he was in great form today at training - at least 3 very nice dunks in a practise game too

Reply #788026 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

United becomes a different beast with Prather offering that defence and slashing.

Would not want to meet a 100% fit United in the playoffs.

Reply #788027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United has been poor all season with or without Prather, and will not be in the finals.

Reply #788031 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I don't think so....... he was in great form today at training - at least 3 very nice dunks in a practise game too

Maybe you could have a word with him like George did with Ware up in Sydney? It's great to see the hoops.com.au reporting team growing. Keep us posted.

Reply #788038 | Report this post

Tell us more.
For Perthworld and me this site means everything.

Reply #788041 | Report this post

And me too.

Reply #788046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754