LC
Years ago

Josh Green commits to Arizona!

Young Aussie phenom Josh Green has taken a momentous step towards realising his NBA dream, committing to play at the University of Arizona next year.

Aussie phenom Josh Green commits to Arizona

A lot of people saw this one coming. Would he have been better off elsewhere?

Topic #43972 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Villanova out of the 6 he had imo is a better program.

But he Probably wants to keep the relationship with his mate nico manion, another 5 star guard potentially going to Arizona.

Reply #706642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how much Arizona is going to pay him?

Reply #706644 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

This is pretty cool. Arizona has been my team since Damon Stoudamire. Hopefully this means there's a few of their games on TV during his season there.

Great choice kid!

Reply #706646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN had him as a North Carolina lean, so as an Aussie and a Duke fan, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that conundrum. I hope for his sake that Arizona emerges unscathed from the hearings and NCAA followup.

Reply #706651 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Poor choice! Arizona will get hammered at the NCAA hearings!

No one is mentioned at those type of hearings/investigation and gets away without penalties.

Wold have been better to pick a school without those issues.

That said Arizona is known as one of the best party schools around with some very friendly classmates!

Reply #706652 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Next Aussie in the NBA

Reply #706654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Risky choice with sanctions coming.

Reply #706656 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

Big Duffel Bags being dropped in Arizona!!

Reply #706661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone into dropping bags needs to listen to one shining podcast.

Reply #706666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think he would have an out pending the sanctions. Much like players have an out when coaches transfer/leave.

Reply #706674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Players do not have an out when coaches leave. One of the many criticisms of the NCAA. Their release is up to the school and often conditional on them attending certain schools (different conference being the most common).

But while Arizona may eventually end up facing sanctions for improper benefits, we are only seeing hearings associated with the FBI investigation at this point. The NCAA will then have to conduct their own investigation (with significantly less power than the FBI), hold their own hearings, and hand down a decision. If Green is planning to be one and done, it's not out of the question that he is out of Arizona by the time sanctions are actually in force.

The NCAA has no desire at all to see this happen quickly. There is enormous risk to their credibility as an institution, not that they have much to start with. But there are almost no major programs who haven't already had their names raised in this. And if it's happening in basketball, it's happening in football. If they penalise everyone who has broken the rules, the NCAA will probably bankrupt themselves in the process (no one is watching an NCAA tournament without Duke, Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, UCLA, Arizona, etc). So they have every incentive to be unable to gather the requisite evidence.

Reply #706681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NCAA is the most corrupt organisation in the world. They are the definition of hypocrisy and no doubt the result of the investigation will lean toward the NCAA's favour, which is of course making old white men money.

Reply #706694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arizona state for the women...

Reply #706695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope it works out.
Lot of self promotion happening.

Reply #706701 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Would he be any good for the 2020 Boomers?

Reply #706712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, too early.

Reply #706716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I hope the version of Green we'll be seeing in 2020 will be good enough that he would have made the 2008 team, but the 2020 squad is stacked. Not out of the question but odds heavily against.

Reply #706718 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I know what you mean... but when I think about our wings, we have some great shooters, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we have any great athletic wings.

Reply #706908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills
Dellavedova
Exum
Broekhoff
Adel
Ingles
Simmons
Bolden
Maker
Baynes
Bogut?

Room for 1 guard/wing
Creek, Goulding, Green etc etc.

Reply #706910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather have a young guy at end of bench than a Goulding or Lisch.

Reply #706913 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

2 years is along time for Green to get better.
Lisch will be 34 and Goulding 32 they aren't getting any better.
Green is not a lock for 2020 but definitely in the mix.
It will be interesting to see if he is drafted then as that could have a major influence in his availability.

Reply #706956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is cooked.

Reply #706968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754