Some_Fulla
Years ago

Tall Blacks name trialists

http://nzhoops.co.nz/tall-blacks-name-trialists/

Pretty disappointed that Adams has turned his back on his country.. Why the hell would you do layup drills in suburban OKC over playing against the best in the world?

Topic #34750 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Adams ruling out the World Cup or just not bothering with a camp?

Reply #480148 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Was reported that OKC have a rule that all rookies stay over summer ahead of their second season, so Adams has been ruled out of WC.

Reply #480150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Delly then Paul ?

Reply #480152 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I haven't read of Cleveland having a similar program.

Reply #480154 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He said a little while ago that he wouldn't play in this tournament.
TeRangi and Henry deservedly left out.

Reply #480178 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Pretty disappointed that Adams has turned his back on his country"

You couldn't be more wrong. Adams has been a great representative of New Zealand - he is so damn proud to be a Kiwi and shows off our country any time he gets the opportunity to e.g. Flag on the inside of the suit.

I can see Adams' point. Sure its only a fortnight tournament, but factor in training camps, travelling and playing in warm up series means he would be away from OKC for 3 months.

I never really expected him to play anyway. I could see it going down the way it has.

No doubt OKC would have put the pressure on behind closed doors. And what can you do in that situation. OKC are his employer, they are paying him millions. They own him. Its their asset.

Reply #480198 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

P.S. Casey Frank and Nick Horvath competing for that naturalised spot.

Why didn't they include Braswell because the Point Guard position is terribly weak (or even Marcel Jones). Tai Webster is looking as our backup PG (The guy that had more turnovers than assists in his Freshman year at College and according to ESPN turned it over on just over a quarter of all his possessions!).

We will lose to USA and Turkey. Think we can beat Finland and DR (will be tough games though). The do or die game will be against Ukraine who will be very tough (given they came 6th at 2013 EB).

Our pool is quietly dangerous as Finland, DR and Ukraine are teams that haven't been historically successful, but are now really competitive.

Reply #480199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will be lucky to win a game

Reply #480200 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

People said that in 2010 and yet we beat France, Canada and Lebanon and were competitive against Spain and Lithuania.

Reply #480214 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"You will be lucky to win a game"

With almost zero budget & no Adams you are probably right but that Black Singlet can do amazing things to average players.

Reply #480242 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

C'mon anon, put a name to your prediction.

Reply #480257 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

I've brought venue passes to Barcelona so I'm hoping we get out of the group!! Otherwise I'll have no one to cheer for...

Reply #480270 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

good for 3rd in pool
2nd if we get past turkey

Reply #480931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nz's tenacity and heart will get them 3rd place in the group, even without Adams.

Reply #480933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754