Panther
Years ago

South V Forestville

Unfortunately I didn't get to the game on Saturday night but from the scores on sportingpulse it seems that the Panthers BEAT the Eagles!!! Wow, let me guess... all the Eagles supporters will get on here and once again say, "Forestville just played badly, that's why South won..."
For a team that looks so formidable, it seems that South have their number this year!!!
Maybe it's time to bring in an import or find out what Pero's up to these days???
Like a great man once said...GO PANTHERS!

Topic #11623 | Report this topic

Uncle Rico  
Years ago

On Jason Dix Homecourt no less.

Reply #135787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your right...

Forestville just played badly, that's why South won...

Enough said.

Reply #135793 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Forestville men just played badly, that's why South won.

South women just played badly, that's why Forestville won.

Win some, lose some! What else would you like us to say?

Reply #135808 | Report this post

Uncle Rico  
Years ago

Uncle Rico that alias is already used. Some possible alternatives. Rexkwondo, Kip Dynamite, Elpaca, delicious bass, sweet, in alaska hunting wolverines. Thanks

Reply #135816 | Report this post

zz  
Years ago

South won about time.panther you say bring in a new import or pero but you cant even keep a team.Maybe if they had a good coach and assistant coach then they could win.

Reply #135817 | Report this post

Entertaining game  
Years ago

Panther, no one had gotten on here and said anything. No one said it last time and couldn't the time before that because there wasn't one.

Saw the game, South hit some ridiculous shots, but having said that still only hit the same amount of field goals as the eagles, however they were able to get to the line more often and that was the difference in the end. Eagles won the boards, and had more assists and more shot attempts so they didn't play that badly, but they did struggle to score in the last half with only 36 points. Hardly got to the line, and didn't go inside enough. Seemed to me that with their guards having an off shooting night, (and Panther credit should be given to Souths guards D as well for that), the Eagles failed to get the ball inside enough where they seemed to have an advantage. Everytime they went inside to Oakley and Dougie they got a score or at least a good open perimeter shot but barely even tried to get it in there. Forestville mixed up their D all night but couldn't find the right mix out on the court to get the job done defensively. Having said that if you take away 2 tough South banked three point shots(that even the South players couldn't beleive) at the start of the 4th then the result probably would have gone the other way, but as they say you make your own luck.

Scanlon was good all night. McKenzie had his best game ever with some nice one on one moves and good perimeter shooting. Pilkington was lively on the boards and was big in the second half. Frost and Fuller played great D. For the Eagles Oakley again went about his business with 26 and 23. Dougie and Cambell could hold their heads up but the rest of the eagles were down on the night. Well done South, the eagles are probably glad that they will not have to play them again this year. Expect Norwood to thump south this week.

Reply #135818 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think South showed what they are capable of on any given night, however unfortunately for them consistently producing those kinds of performances is the problem.

With Frost back, TMac showing what he is capable of, Scans hitting his straps and Pilkington dominating the boards this might be the first of a few upsets this year on their behalf

Reply #135823 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who's playing the bulk of the PG minutes for South this year?

Reply #135824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South played very well. Were a lot hungrier for the ball, more intense and physically more aggressive. These things Forestville were not! The Eagles yet again went away from a strong scoring Oakley & hard to stop Dougie, to jacking up 3s and many outside shots and hence loss momentum, adhesion and scoring.

Reply #135908 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Isaac, I'd say now that L Frost is back he'd be running the point, with Doug Hudson playing backup

Reply #135952 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thanks for the write up "entertaining game", except for the last line!!! Lol...
I just love the Forestville supporter, always an excuse for losing and never due to the other team playing good basketball, some things never change (which makes it so so easy to bait you people!).
Anytime the Panthers get a win over the Eagles it means more than just a win because Forestville have had the wood over the Panthers for the best of a decade, so it was good to see the tide turn this year.
And to "zz", if you want South's "old" (in every respect of the word) import then i'm sure Kel will gladly give you his number!!!
To the first "Uncle Rico", how long do you plan on using that excuse, "without Dix"???? And seeing as South won both games this year against Forestville then it would be obvious they won at Marion and Wayville, so it doesn't matter who's court it is!!!

Reply #135961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

lockstock, thanks. I always confuse Frost with Thur and assumed he was more of a forward.

Reply #135965 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

As long as South doesnt have 2 byes isnt that right Panther.

Reply #135970 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Panther, you dont mention your womens team.

Dont you rate the womens comp?

Reply #135988 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

You'd be half right Isaac. Frost always grew up playing forward but has developed into more of a guard. He is a big, strong lad (massive shoulders), and probably more suited to the 2 spot, but has run the point for South a lot over recent years

Reply #136006 | Report this post

First Uncle Rico  
Years ago

Panther, read it again, I was highlighting South beating the Feagles at home. No easy feat. I'm backing you up!

Reply #136010 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Oh, sorry uncle rico!!!
"Eagle", although I check all scores out on Sunday or Monday in the paper, both Men and Women, I can't say I follow the women's team that much. I actually follow female friends who play basketball, even for other teams which include Forestville.

Reply #136046 | Report this post

sturty3  
Years ago

Look at the coaching cant read the game

Reply #136136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturty3...what does that mean? If you going to post then let us know why you post and possibly in a way that we can understand so that we can possibly reply or talk about. All keen for discussion, but random stuff like that annoys me. Do you mean to say that the Forestville coach did not coach well? and if so, let us know how he didn't and what he could have done better.

Reply #136190 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Oh, no worries Panther.

So you get on here pump'in your tyres about the way South beat the Eagles, then have a go at Eagle supporters for coming up with excuses, then hand out a few very lame excuses yourself about why you OVERLOOKED the Eagle women beating your South girls.

Wow, let me guess... all the South supporters will get on here and once again say, "South just played badly, that's why the Eagles won..."

You lame, lame tool of a fool!

Reply #136254 | Report this post

Agree  
Years ago

The man has a point Panther!

Reply #136334 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Unlike yourself Eagle, I never played in the women's competition, so like I said, i've never really Been a big follower of it.
Obviously you really scraping the excuse barrell if you have to turn to these types of comebacks!!!

Reply #136346 | Report this post

losers  
Years ago

This post is not unlike the post a few weeks back when North lost. All doom and gloom. Same applies, one or two games dropped a season doesn't make a team terrible and it probably doesn't make their coach terrible either, it happens.
On the day, someone has to win and congrats to the winner.

Reply #136352 | Report this post

Here here  
Years ago

Panther, next time you wanna open up on the Eagles, you better wait untill you get the double on them in one night, then there will be no come back.

You may not have played in the womens comp, but you MUST have played juniors, because you are posting like one!

Reply #136380 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754