Anonymous
Years ago

Nat School Comp- Too Big

The number of Teams and Divisions at this years National school Comp in Geelong has suffered by not being able to provide the level of umpires needed across the board to elevate its status and perhaps they need to reduce the number of Divisions to ensure quality results.
The much maligned district ref community in Adelaide need to take a bow for their efforts locally and I'll think twice before I speak ill of them again.

Topic #9656 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus credit to the S.A. refs for another successful standing at a National Championships. One SA ref has the Men's Gold Medal game, another the women's Bronze medal game. Very good result in 2007 for S.A. referees nationally.

Reply #110044 | Report this post

Just me  
Years ago

Tell that to the kids who wouldn't have the chance to compete if u narrow the competition. And also it means more refs get the opportunity to improve their skills.
Its school ball, participation should be a main factor... u want more, play district.

Reply #110055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair point, Just Me. However, Im not sure that at Nat schools its purely participation.Championship and div 1 teams are full of district players from all over Oz and there are just not the the ref numbers to accommodate all the divs playing.
I may be way off the mark but I think this comp is way past participation.

Reply #110061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a horribly run mess that tournament was and facility wise Geelong has alot to answer for.

Reply #110081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats ashame

Reply #110122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re: anon.

I think the crew did a sensational job owing to the number of entries and logisitics of working between 4 venues.

Care to provide specific examples of what you think needs improvement?

Reply #110240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many teams and too many grades. Championship grade only for me or Champion and Div 1 only as its way too messy now.

Reply #110299 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Who were the SA people that refereed over there, and what did they actually finish up with on the final day?

Reply #110435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jarrod Cresp did the Mens Gold and Luke Smith did the Womens Bronze

Reply #110444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Mon 20 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754