Haks29
Last month

BV Tribunal

Hi all,

I reported a woman to our local league who abused me and made a veiled threat of sexual assault against my 9 year old daughter.

I admittedly abused her back in the carpark where this incident occurred. I provided a detailed statement and a statement from a witness which supported my claims.

She has gone ahead and fabricated a story resulting in me being issued with a 4 week ban. I know she has been banned too however duration isn't known.

I am taking it to the tribunal however my question is around if there are any cases where a parent has abused another parent in response to them being verbally abused. I feel I am entitled to protect myself and respond considering she initiated the abuse without any reason.

Topic #51988 | Report this topic

Relaxed coach  
Last month

Not sure if you have realised this but you have already admitted you abused someone. Thereby breaching the BV parental code of conduct

Once you reported the incident, what did you expect to happen?

Reply #941699 | Report this post

Lakers1986  
Last month

How is her story fabricated if you have admitted abusing her in a car park?

Reply #941817 | Report this post

Haks29  
Last month

The issue was resolved at tribunal and I will deal with my punishment. Learning experience to all and something I should clarify.... I verbally abused this parent in the carpark after being verbally abused by said parent and this goes against the rules. We cannot verbally abuse anyone, even if it's in defence.

Not my finest moment, I'm generally a lot calmer than that.

However, ultimately the truth all came out and I learnt a few things in the process about how a tribunal works with the hope of never going back there.

Reply #942032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 am, Sun 2 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754