Tomdelonge2
Earlier this year

MU @ Cairns, Fri Feb 16

Why would MU send their starters to Cairns to play in this a non-event? I would leave them home and have them ready for a full finals dress rehearsal on Sunday at home. Thoughts?

Topic #51803 | Report this topic

JMS  
Earlier this year

Blatantly throwing a game isn't a good look and can easily backfire with momentum being lost. Vickerman has had the starters on reduced minutes for a few games now so that will continue. I wouldn't mind seeing Flynn Cameron play starter minutes however.

Reply #936010 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Earlier this year

Surely these top 2 sides have earnt the right to rest players. What will Perth do this wkend/

Reply #936066 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Goulding was limping in the last game, Hukporti has been carrying injury, I would see a few bei left behind, they have earned it, their choice.

Reply #936068 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

In the last round of the 20-21 season Vickerman started his bench.

Brought Landale off the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised if CG, Hukporti, Ili play less minutes and the likes of Flynn Cameron or Kyle Bowen play more.

Gotta be careful though- don't want a 15-16 situation. United left some starters behind, lost by 37, then got bundled out of the semis in straight sets the following week.

It does worry me that United's been playing lacklustre games that don't mean much, for the past month. Illawarra will bring the heat so I hope United does likewise and gets a proper tune up

Reply #936071 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Earlier this year

MU play Cairns @ Cairns

Reply #936084 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

We play two games, Cairns has little to play for except pride in front of their fans.

Illawarra should be playing for playoff positions which makes that the likely game with high intensity

Reply #936085 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Earlier this year

Sorry, yes you are correct. I was referring to the starters not travelling to Cairns. Travel Thurs, play Fri, travel Sat to play again Sunday. What for?

Leave them home......Full dress rehearsal Sunday YES

Reply #936086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754