Tomdelonge2
Last year

Cairns @ Hawks, Oct 26

Betting would suggest a 50/50 game. Who wins?

Topic #51517 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Last year

Is Taran Armstrong playing?

Reply #929036 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

One of the interesting things I find about the returning teams, that have done preseason trips state side, is that success/failure on the return to NBL hasn't been a good guide to form. Eg Adelaide wins, returns no team chemistry. Wildcats wins, returns WTF. NZ gets smashed definitely playing like a team.
I suspect Forde and Cairns will have grown through the time spent together and want to show how unified they are after the shit that went on here while they were away.
Only way it remains close is it becomes a shootout. Cairns by plenty

Reply #929076 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

One of the interesting things I find about the returning teams, that have done preseason trips state side, is that success/failure on the return to NBL hasn't been a good guide to form. Eg Adelaide wins, returns no team chemistry. Wildcats wins, returns WTF. NZ gets smashed definitely playing like a team.
I suspect Forde and Cairns will have grown through the time spent together and want to show how unified they are after the shit that went on here while they were away.
Only way it remains close is it becomes a shootout. Cairns by plenty

Reply #929077 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Out of interest did cairns not want Hogg or did kings outbid?? He was just such a big loss...

In saying that I can't see them losing to hawks but they've got a lot to sort out to make finals

Reply #929090 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last year

I believe it was a combination of slightly more money, but also more likelihood of gaining an NBA contract being in a successful and/or metro team as opposed to a smaller market. Either way Cairns was keen to keep him and I believe he was open to staying, but the cards fell the other way.

Taran Armstrong is a game day decision on availability. McCall out.

Cairns should get the W if they play well, but first game back from US trip so probably a coin toss.

Reply #929111 | Report this post

Not Sure  
Last year

You are wrong, Damo 75

Reply #929113 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last year

Not Sure, maybe you're right...

Reply #929115 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Shocking standard. Going to be a tough watch this.....

Reply #929156 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes it's certainly not as good as the game from nz. Hawks showing a bit fight though.

Reply #929158 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Cairns shouldn't have gone to the US. They should have gone to Townsville to play the Townville Fire.

They are sh1t

Reply #929172 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Can not see either of these sides playing finals, but neither were Adelaide 4 hours ago.

Reply #929173 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

This is so so bad...

Reply #929175 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Only the hawks could throw this away, they have control and bring in subs just to give them time, Blanchfield days are over.

Reply #929176 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Why is he benching Olbrich, he plays quality D, no idea.

Reply #929177 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Harvey is woeful. I can't work out what's worse... hawks offence or taipans defence

It's actually embarrassing for the league it's so bad

Reply #929178 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Worst game I've seen for a few seasons

Reply #929181 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Olbrich is keeping hawks in this, should start and get big time.

Reply #929182 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Well done hawks, were the best team and probably deserves the win. I'm not certain who does the hawks subbing but it’s woeful and that’s being polite. It’s not under 12 where everyone has to play, sort your top 7/8 and stick with it.

Cairns got few out will be better when they return, I doubt they will be at same level as last season. Miller kept them in it but won’t when they play better defensive sides.

Certainly not an advertisement for the game but hawks will take the win.

Reply #929189 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Haha Kolzee

Reply #929190 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kolzee was right, Harvey is horrible despite the winner, he owed them.

Reply #929191 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

You just have to win. He did that.

Reply #929193 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Harvey was far from horrible, just missed some threes he'd normally make. Hits two of those and he's had an unbelievable game.

Yeah he took some ill-advised shots, but that is him. Hopefully he does take something from the last quarter when he did a better job of allowing the offence to get him the ball rather than forcing it and he got some great shots.

Reply #929194 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Who and when does Harvey play D, if he hasn't scored twenty plus you are behind.

Reply #929196 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

He did score 20, including 9 and 2 assists in the final term, and thanks to him they ended in front! Not his best game, but far from horrible

Reply #929198 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Harvey made a couple of the bad shots late that he usually misses. More impressive for me was that he got his float/short range going again for the most part, which has always been the most dangerous part of his game and really fell off the past couple of seasons.

Reply #929200 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Last year

Trying to work out that Hawks T/O with a minute to g. When Cairns had the baseline inbounds. Your last T/O.

Nothing seemed to come of it. Except Cairns scored. Adam Forde probably thinking "tahnks for that Jake, I just saved a T/O". So whatever defensive plan you had didn't work. You should be able to call out what D you want to run at that time and players should know what to do. I've coached U14s and got them to run a trap at my call in a game.

And you didn't have a T/O left to advance the ball if needed.

Reply #929221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754