Zodiac
Last year

36ers DP tryout camp players

The Adelaide 36ers have released the list of players trying out for 3 of the 4 Development Player spots for the upcoming NBL season, joining Keanu Rasmussen.

The club will stage its annual two-day Development Player tryout camp this week where over 20 players have been invited to showcase their skills at the next level.

Sturt Sabres shooting guard and former California Baptist Lancer Keanu Rasmussen, who will compete at the two-day event, has already signed as the first of the 36ers' four Development Player spots earlier this month.

The final three Adelaide 36ers NBL24 Development Players will be selected at the two-day event.

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/2023-dp-tryout-camp-players-revealed

Kalani Sapwell
Dylan Marshall
Alex Dodson
Magok Manyang
Harvey White
Fraser Roxburgh
Sean Stock
James Mackenzie
Sam Hughes
Curtis Scott
Awak Machar
Jack Stanwix
Lloyd McVeigh
Patrick D'Arcy
Ngor Nai
Stefan Gould
Akech Aliir
Jasper Rentoy
Keanu Rasmussen
Ben Griscti
Nate Deer
Jacob Rigoni

Topic #51145 | Report this topic

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Roxburgh gets a gig

Reply #918262 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

I would be picking

Jacob Rigoni
Ben Griscti
Lloyd McVeigh

However there could be a few surprise players there. Good luck to all

Reply #918267 | Report this post

Fun coolers  
Last year

Lots of those guys still in high school , hardly worth it if they practice everyday during school hours

Reply #918271 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

Would assume that's more for the coach/club to make inroads with young players now so they’ll have an advantage over the other clubs when they’re actually DP quality to sign them

Reply #918272 | Report this post

Fun coolers  
Last year

All that being said I think it's great and about time SA kids fill the DP spots , I know some are only new to SA though NBL1 clubs but it’s a great move from the 36ers

Reply #918274 | Report this post

Not Sure  
Last year

Can someone explain the age restriction on DP spots? I know it changed last season.

Reply #918279 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

And that's why 36ers will always be mediocre. It's pro sports! Fill all your spots with the best available talent. Period.

Reply #918285 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

What are you talking about Sebastian? The actual pro team has one South Aussie and that's usually about how many local players the Sixers have had since the Forman/ Holmes days!

Sixers lack of success in recent years has nothing to do with prioritising SA players, because they don’t even do that!

Reply #918297 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

have to be 24 can't be 25 before the season mick randall said roxburgh is signed so their two spots left

Reply #918311 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Kalani Sapwell - ruperts daughter?

Reply #918315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Rupert's son. Brother of Koen.

Reply #918316 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Rigoni, as talented as he is in patches, doesn't have a great pro translation to his game at NBL level. Probably unlikely seen as a development player. My money is on, McVeigh, Akech and Malith Machar to round out the spots.

Reply #918319 | Report this post

Interpreter  
Last year

Malith has already been signed by United since last season. Yet another one the 36ers have let slip through in recent memory.

Reply #918320 | Report this post

Maddog  
Last year

36ers forgot best kids in state and rang him last minute to come out.
They should be embarrassed.
When you give these jobs to your mates this is what happens

Reply #918321 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

And who's that maddog? The ones I’d thought missing from 04 were Osborne and yaak, 03 no glaring omissions considering who’s already signed or in college

Reply #918325 | Report this post

Maddog  
Last year

Unless I'm mistake Eagle, he played pretty well against your team a few weeks ago

Reply #918340 | Report this post

benchballer  
Last year

Bit surprised the Best Under 18 in SA didn't get a chance to try out (although all 07's probably not really there for a spot, just experience) but having said that he also didn't get a State metro spot either, nekminute starting in NBL1 and drops 23 points! Maybe that in itself says something!

Reply #918347 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

Fellas all I asked for was a name reel it in a bit

Reply #918356 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

36ers targeted a Next Star but that one got away but they're still looking into the possibility.

Adelaide has had just one Next Star within its ranks in the past - Mojave King - who has since gone on to represent the NBA G-League Ignite and is currently ranked as the 71st best available player in the upcoming NBA Draft.

https://nbl.com.au/news/adelaide-targets-next-stars

That's probably news to Josh Giddey.

Reply #918357 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Jalen Bridges is right in the mix for the 6ers

Reply #918363 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

From the new list Sixers selected

Akech Aliir
Harvey White
Fraser Roxburgh

Seriously they had all that talent there and they go with White?! Looks like he can't get any games in Sturt's NBL1 team (Has he been injured or something?). A bizarre selection

Reply #919447 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Aliir and Roxburgh look like reasonable selections. I didn't realise how young Roxburgh was he’s done well in the games I’ve seen of West this year including against Forestville on the weekend.

White I can’t find much about - it says he played u20 state but can’t find him on the list unless he played in the 2nd team but can’t imagine why they’d take someone from that team over the talent ahead.

Reply #919455 | Report this post

Blues67  
Last year

Roxburgh Is a Victorian, pretty sure he moved over last year late last year to Adelaide. Still in school so he's a talent.
6’7 point guard, nice get for Adelaide

Reply #919459 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Not sure he's a point guard based on what I’ve seen for West but he’s a good size wing player than can develop. Already shoots well and can finish around the rim. I thought he was 21-22 so to learn he’s 18 is exciting for his future.

Reply #919465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754