GordonG
Two years ago

Taipans v Bullets 14/12

Should be interesting to see how the Bullets handle all the background stuff. Hopefully they'll be able to put it all behind them for the night.

But we still plan on beating them :)

Topic #50686 | Report this topic

DreamShake  
Two years ago

Taipans didn't look great against the Hawks but should comfortably have this one at home.

Reply #906605 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane can win this if they turn up as a team for the full game, not half. Unlikely to happen so Cairns should get this comfortably.

Reply #906607 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Cairns by 40

Reply #906609 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I got the Taipans winning this game easy at home.

Taipans by 12pts but would of gone by more if the Taipans were more consistent at home.

Wouldn't be too surprised if the Bullets win but with all the drama going on in Brisbane with the coaches it’s a players team now.

Reply #906611 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Baynes and Johnson "game time decisions" for Brisbane.

Reply #906613 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Taipans by 40.

Enjoy the beatdown of your big bro, Cairns.

Reply #906620 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Johnson and Baynes out might be an advantage to Brisbane.

Reply #906624 | Report this post

zootsims  
Two years ago

No homo but DJ Hogg is a handsome man.

Reply #906627 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two years ago

The uniforms sum up the Bullets last couple of weeks.

Baynes almost completely ignoring the coaches pregame

Reply #906628 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Who's the person calling the game, not certain he ever been to a game before.

Reply #906629 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

1. Yep Baynes looked absolutely disinterested in the sideline huddle pre-tip.

2. Yep the main commentator isn't endearing to anyone, is he AFL.

3. Yep the Bullets uniforms look like pyjamas.

Reply #906630 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very average game. Sobey 0/5 and 2 missed free throws. Baynes, what do you say.

Reply #906632 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Shakes head, oh my.

Reply #906633 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Broekhoff said it, Brisbane dribble the air out of the ball. No team can win with Cadee as your starting point guard. Cairns been okish, Brisbane horrible.

Duncan must be laughing his head off.

Reply #906635 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Thank you Jenna for your insightful commentary regarding free throw shooting in the NBL.

Reply #906637 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The real surprising thing about this game is bullets are only 8 down at 3/4 time.

Reply #906638 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

White 111 shooting 3-3 from outside, totally open and Sobey who can't throw it in the ocean jacks up a 3.

Reply #906642 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not a bad last quarter, otherwise a forgetful game. Cairns just did what they had to, to win. Baynes looking old, Sobey should play the point, Cadee to bench. Froling hardly played, new coach obviously don't rate him at this stage. Gak looking good.

I didn’t pick Brisbane in final six, so that’s looking good.

Reply #906648 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

The Sobey pg experience did not go well when Lemonass tried that, will be happy to never see it again. And nobody rates Harry :)

Uninspiring game. As you said, Snakes did what they had to do to get a win and that was it. At least Brisbane kept the spread respectable which was the main shock of the night.

Reply #906650 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes I agree on the Sobey at point guard is not ideal, but it's certainly better than Cadee. Bullets got plenty guards, pick a solid D guard.

Reply #906654 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Vanderjagt spoke very well in the press conference, I'm interested to see how the rest season plays out for him. Still don’t think Sobey and Cadee can survive together as a guard pair.

Reply #906677 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Sobey and Cadee were a guard pair across NBL19 and NBL20 and the Bullets went 33-31. I don't think they're the issue Brisbane need to worry about now they have Tyler Johnson there in a good three-guard rotation.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Vanderjagt will only coach for a short time before a replacement comes in. Ownership/management is a mess in Brissy.

What the place needs is stability so they can get the best out of what they have, which is a decent roster and can be very good if Baynes finds fitness and form and Harrison can stay on the floor.

Reply #906679 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not certain Sobey is as good as he was, not a criticism, just don't believe he is. Cadee while an effective point just can’t defend good enough, McCall went past him last night a few time like he was non existent. I think Sobey and Johnson should start in the guard spots, White in the three, Mitchell in the four and Baynes at five, then run your rotations from there.

Reply #906680 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

Agreed

Reply #906684 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Vanderjagt spoke very well in the press conference, I'm interested to see how the rest season plays out for him.
They already have a new coach lined up, Vanderjagt is only coaching until he arrives.

Four coaches in the space of a month. Absolute joke of a club.

Reply #906689 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Has a team ever had three coaches in a season, let alone four?

Reply #906701 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Not certain Sobey is as good as he was, not a criticism, just don't believe he is. Cadee while an effective point just can't defend good enough, McCall went past him last night a few time like he was non existent. I think Sobey and Johnson should start in the guard spots, White in the three, Mitchell in the four and Baynes at five, then run your rotations from there."

Agree with all this. Sobey still working his way back from a long period off. Don't know if he'll get all the way back. Whichever way they start Sobey-Johnson-Cadee is a good enough trio though, and the frontcourt is ok too, just need stability around them and time to click.

Reply #906715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754