Mervan
Last year

NBA Slam dunk champion: Brett Rainbow V2?

Showing my age but Mclung reminds me of Brett Rainbow.

Brett was a decent player but never made a career out of pro sports (and before you all start posting, yes he would have and still would kick my ass on the court!)

Mclung may make a career out of it but not in the NBA

Your thoughts?

Topic #50928 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Last year

Perhaps G league is his level?

YouTuber making dunk clips?

Reply #912649 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

I remember later his career Rainbow did manage to develop into a nice 3&D guy and I think was in line to make it to the Victoria Titans roster (although it could have been after they switched to the Giants) before an injury late in pre season knocked him out and he was done.

Reply #912650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Read last night that he'd turned down $1m+ offers to play in Europe or Asia. Must feel on the cusp to hang around, and getting the 76ers contract at least goes part way to reeling in the shortfall.

Reply #912657 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last year

His name is front and centre right now with his rookie challenge game and dunk comp win. It would be silly of him to go sign a contract overseas until he's at least tried to cash in on these 30 seconds of fame. He played a couple NBA games last year, so he's already been around the mark for a year or so.

Reply #912666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Wed 29 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754