BigFishLittlePond
Two years ago

Is Jacob Wiley a good fit for an NBL team?

Jacob Wiley has become available & is highly interested to return to the Nbl

He was cut from a b grade Japanese team & needs to wait four weeks as per terms of agreement

Is he a good fit in Adelaide system or Brisbane ?

Topic #50627 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Two years ago

Hawks should have got him and Randall instead of Siva. That would be an entertaining team, if not a winning one.

Reply #904992 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

I think it would be a mistake.

Reply #904993 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

For Adelaide I mean.

Reply #904994 | Report this post

BigFishLittlePond  
Two years ago

Master chief
Why a mistake ?

Reply #904995 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Don't recall Wiley being the type of big man most seem to think Adelaide need & can't really see how he works with Franks there.

Reply #904996 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Hawks should have got him and Randall instead of Siva. That would be an entertaining team, if not a winning one."

For highlights sure. But they were smart in picking the experienced Euroleague point guard who is going to make their players and team better.

Reply #904997 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

There is a reason players like Wiley get cut, leave clubs, there either not that good or to demanding. I can't see an nbl club picking him, while a highlights can be good, he doesn’t play D.

Reply #904998 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

He averages two clubs per season.

Reply #905003 | Report this post

Hooper  
Two years ago

BigFishLittlePond Your information is incorrect!

1. He was not cut, he sought release to go home with his family, and the team still own the rights to him should he wish to return to Japan.
2. Its the top league, do some research first!The name of the league is the B League! There is also B1 and B2 below it.
3. Not sure where you pulled the 4 weeks thing from, but your info is all over the place. At least gets facts before posting dribble!

Wiley would dominate in the NBL, high energy guy and would do well.

Reply #905009 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

His side are 2-9 in the west conference, dead last, his stats are not highly dominating, he wasn't good in nbl previously under a good coach, he ain’t dominating the nbl.

Reply #905011 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

I agree with everyone else who says that Adelaide should sign a big, but I still think they should go for a guard.

They have invested too much in DJ and Franks, they have Sotto and Acouth, and they should give Galloway more opportunities too. I just think they have to live with that now and try and make the positive outweigh the negative.

It is a bit of a catch-22 (like many have said) but I don't like the reliance on solely McCarron.

Reply #905012 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

I agree Master Chief, the Sixers should go for a point guard. The last two games the bigs have shown they can play better defence if they work hard. It was good enough to almost get us a win in NZ! It wasn't our defence, but our inability to create good offence down the stretch that cost us the game against NZ.

Reply #905021 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

No thanks I can still remember his last stint with the Sixers he had little game other than being athletic and a good dunker.

Reply #905022 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

"while a highlights can be good, he doesn't play D."

This is how I remember his time in Adelaide too.

Reply #905024 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

36ers should sign Brandon Paul, he was always angry head when I watched his first game at the NBL Cup in Melbourne. Definitely a fun player to watch.

Reply #905025 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

I wanna see more of Sotto's hook shot, the kids only 20 years old...

Reply #905028 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

"while a highlights can be good, he doesn't play D."

This is how I remember his time in Adelaide too.

Let's not forget he would flex all the fucking time.

Reply #905031 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

So it looks like Jacob Wiley is a bad fit for an nbl team if you are interested in winning.

Reply #905034 | Report this post

BigFishLittlePond  
Two years ago

I don't know much about the Japanese league but the news said he was released

What ever the case, he is a known player in the Nbl & my opinion is that he was a good player & would fit in well here again

I don’t think I posted dribble

Fact is he wants to play in the Nbl & is a viable option

Reply #905035 | Report this post

BigFishLittlePond  
Two years ago

Hooper
In addition, it's been reported he needs to wait four weeks as per terms of departure

So just pointing out that Nbl franchises might need to be comfortable to wait a little while

Reply #905036 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

BigFishLittlePond, he is certainly a talented player but Adelaide don't need anymore bigs who get walked over on D. Just cannot see how he'd fit anywhere, and would be a very poor move IMO.

If Adelaide do sign a big they need a Pardon or Vukona type (to name a couple).

Reply #905038 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Also, I think you meant fit in the NBL & not necessarily with Adelaide, apologies.

Reply #905039 | Report this post

BigFishLittlePond  
Two years ago

Yes, I agree that he might not be what the 36ers are wanting but no doubt will be a good import in the Nbl with someone that needs his athleticism, energy & I think he has a good attitude

Reply #905045 | Report this post

Jonno  
Two years ago

I thought he would be good in Melbourne instead of Lee

He could be a upgrade for Perth or fill Brisbanes import spot.

Be interesting to see if anyone picks him up.

Reply #905074 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

May fit ok in Brisbane. I don't trust Mitchell soaking up the lion’s share of minutes at 4.

The Bullets most pressing need though is an elite table setting guard. They do have two import spots open though, however won’t blow the cobwebs off the purse for any decent spending.

Reply #905077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Thu 16 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754