Scout
Two years ago

Devondrick Walker released

https://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/news/club-statement-devondrick-walker?fbclid=IwAR1ssLJje5yNR1wkTgXbkWNgTL0oTdam_KAVi3mYPDZ6gzjpzhthKAkIi1w

Do they have a replacement?

Topic #50575 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Didn't get a chance, was ok in preseason.

Reply #903511 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Agreed Weedy

Reply #903512 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He's not up to it but that's not really the issue the Bullets already knew that from his time at SEM but they pretty much admitted they just signed him as a stop-gap import until another player shook free elsewhere.

Reply #903514 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

He was an nbl1 player, never thought he'd make next level. Brisbane might bring in Adams. Now that would be a story.

Reply #903516 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

They bring in Adams, it shows they are serious about competing for playoffs. Whilst some other clubs sit on their hands.

Reply #903517 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Knew he got released. He wasn't active playing, knew something was going on there. Why have him even on the bench when your not going to play him. I thought he started off well.

Reply #903519 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

My guess is the Bullets will go for Jaylen Adams. Is Josh Adams still playing in the EuroCup because his team isn't doing well from memory.

Reply #903520 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Walker would've been a cheap import I doubt the Bullets as frugal as they've been since coming back in and whilst now paying Baynes massive money and no doubt Johnson good money are also going to shell out for the reigning NBL MVP in Jaylen Adams.

Reply #903522 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

They'd be pretty guard heavy with Adams also?

Reply #903524 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

I would have got rid of Johnson too.

Reply #903525 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Johnson's probably their most efficient player. They need more of him, not less.

Reply #903526 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Yeah if the Bullets were to chase Adams, you'd think Johnson would be surplus to needs. Sobey + Johnson + Adams = spiderman meme.

Reply #903530 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Adams-Cadee-Bach
Sobey-Krebs-Clarke
Import-Diing-Stattman
Mitchell-Gak-Johns
Baynes-Froling-Harrison

Would like to see alot more Diing.

Reply #903531 | Report this post

Jonno  
Two years ago

I Think Adams would be a great pick up if they do get him, this team has always needed a proper PG,

I doubt Johnson is going anywhere, if they do get someone like Adams i think you will see some 3 guard line ups, given they are all around 6'3 and the way most NBL teams are structured this year that should be fine.

Reply #903532 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Kyrie?? Lol.

Reply #903533 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

If the Bullets have the means to get Adams - he's a good enough player where you get him and worry about balance later

Reply #903535 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Exactly Jono, Sobey would move to SF defensively and he Johnson, Adams, Krebs and Cadee would roll through those minutes.

PG: Adams/Cadee 40
SG: Johnson 25, Adams/Cadee 15,
SF: Sobey 30, Krebs 10

Johnson rarely misses if open, getting him more shots would be one of the main benefits of bringing in Adams.

Reply #903536 | Report this post

Jonno  
Two years ago

Yea that roation looks similar to the kings Adams, Vasiljevic, Clark type line ups too

Reply #903538 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Knew he got released. He wasn't active playing, knew something was going on there. Why have him even on the bench when your not going to play him. I thought he started off well
He's been injured.

Reply #903539 | Report this post

SP  
Two years ago

I think it's more likely Brisbane goes with another cheapish import than Adams? They’re welcome to prove me wrong, of course

Reply #903540 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Can never keep up with rules, but with Diing being elevated from DP to full roster spot, are the bullets going to stand pat, or would they look at replacing Johnson with Adams? Johnson hasn't looked happy in the games I've seen and after making some decent cash in NBA he may prefer to find a place he likes to finish out his career. Could they have both agreed to play next few games before someone like Adams comes in and replaces him?

Reply #903565 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

"I think it's more likely Brisbane goes with another cheapish import...."

and accomplish what?

Walker didn't 'fail' as an import on his budget... he may be in a roster with too many in the same role. I don't know what they would expect from another wing on the same budget.

The bullets are crowded at the wing, and honestly Walker had a bad game vs the JJ's (he sort of redeemed himself in the next game vs the Kings)

If anything, he's a victim on two horribly flawed players in Sobey and Cadee needing imports to lift a team out of the mess they create.

You'd need a modern day Leroy Loggins or Robert Rose for that.

Reply #903593 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Can never keep up with rules, but with Diing being elevated from DP to full roster spot, are the bullets going to stand pat,
They're required to have 11 on their roster, so they couldn't sack Walker without signing someone. It's just a placeholder until the replacement import arrives.

Reply #903596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Thu 16 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754