DreamShake
Last month

Chris Smith Officially Departs

Email just sent to members confirming Smith Departure:

CLUB STATEMENT - CHRIS SMITH

The Brisbane Bullets have declined to exercise the option on the final year of Chris Smith's contract for the NBL25 season.

During his lone season at the Bullets, the American guard averaged 11 points, 2.9 rebounds in 27 appearances.

The Bullets wish Chris and his family all the best for their future endeavours.

Topic #51945 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last month

Good decision, bullets looking long term and building nicely.

Reply #940306 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Didn't have the impact he or the bullets would've been hoping for, but at least he'll always have his game winner against Tassie to remember.

Reply #940307 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last month

Devondrick Walker would have scored 11ppg at a much cheaper price.

Reply #940310 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

He also banked a shot that sealed a game against the breakers, didn't he?

He wasn’t bad, but he’s just not at the level that’s now required for imports to make an impact in the league these days. Would have been a serviceable import 10 years ago.

Reply #940312 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Not surpriswd. In the right situation I think Smith would be a good contributor in this league as a 3rd import, but With Prather returning the Bullets need two top tier imports if they expect to compete for the top four IMO.

Reply #940314 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Good.

Now to try and move on Shannon Scott, he's really got to go, unless he improves 10x on last season’s dismal showing.

Disappointed they picked up Prather. Budget contract I’d assume.

Reply #940363 | Report this post

DreamShake  
Last month

Agreed, Smith a few years back would have been serviceable but obviously didn't provide the scoring punch the Bullets hoped for based on his Japanese stint. The Prather signing surprises me as well, saw his home games all in person, he had flashes but still hobbled. Training stuff seeing something I couldn't?

Scott again just didn't show what he had the previous year, although health issues presented as well. It was still not a bad recruitment move, given BNE had been calling out for a pass first, 'pure' PG and ended up with that somewhat in Norton anyway.

Future import moves will be interesting, particularly with both Aussie MPs in Baynes and Sobey moving on. WMW sweepstakes might have a say in it all.

Reply #940392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 am, Sat 4 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754