Baller
Last month

McDowell white

Is close to signing with jack jumpers apparently, not sure they need him unless Crawford is not coming back

Topic #51928 | Report this topic

Yup  
Last month

Yeah they won but Crawford wasn't the greatest fit, I expected the JJ’s to look for someone with a similar skill set to Josh Magette, WMW fits perfectly and is a local, the JJ’s are the next Perth/Powerhouse of the NBL

Reply #939752 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Crawford overall was fantastic, he kept them in game five on his own, would be great fit in nearly all other NBL teams.
WMW wasn't great this season, under Roth though and injury free, it’ll be look out.

Reply #939753 | Report this post

Baller  
Last month

McDowell white and MacDonald are not really fluent scorers though, im hearing they are bringing back Marcus lee and Doyle is signed already, so if Crawford is not coming back they would have to bring in a elite scoring 2 or 3 be interesting

Reply #939754 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

LOL

Reply #939755 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Huge if true!

Reply #939758 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I don't believe it and can't see it being a great fit for either party

Reply #939762 | Report this post

Richdad  
Last month

WMW will be great with Magnay in the pick n role.

Reply #939763 | Report this post

Rareairunc  
Last month

I believe jjs were extremely close to signing wmw last offseason. Either were runners up or just an inch behind perth for runners up. It got to the point of numbers and years being heavily negotiated. Not sure of the final hurdle but loyalty to mody maor but that has now all but eroded due to benching for back half of this season. Would be a great get for the jjs and alot more consistent and steady(if injury free) thank jc was. I can see jcrawfs options being limited at his age and size so could he come back as a sixth man type of guy on the cheap to take the shots for the second unit? Bul kuol was also at one of the finals games in tassie so is an option also for the jjs? Fits the mold in regards to hard nose stingy defense, also loves the three ball which the jjs rely on too alot of the time and i think could fit in at the sf spot next to doyle. He would need to control his temper tantrums on the sideline when he gets pulled for too many fouls. Roth has a no d**khead policy and wouldnt tolerate that and im certain the jjs fans dont want to see it either

Reply #939767 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Last month

JJs would take WMW over Crawford in a heartbeat. They had to make some major adjustments to make Crawford fit and WMW would slip straight into the JJs lineup.

Reply #939786 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

WMW wasn't on the bench last season because he fell out of favour with Mody.
He was on the bench because he hadn’t recovered from injury and was still playing in pain.

Reply #939787 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Last month

WMW will thrive in the JJ's system. Opens up a nice little import spot if JCraw not returning. An Xavier Cooks type import would be high on the list.

Reply #939789 | Report this post

rareairunc  
Last month

There was a period of time he felt ready to start again and maor decided against it is what ive been led to believe. Regardless will either be a good retention for nz or a good pickup for another team.

Reply #939792 | Report this post

Yup  
Last month

I think more to the point PJC far exceeded expectations, coupled with WMW injuries, led to inconsistent minutes for WMW and he was never consistently the starter until the Playoff run...

Reply #939794 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Agree yup but anyway I don't think his minutes is the problem. I think he'll leave breakers because he thought if he made the same leap in development as 2023 and improved his three ball he'd be on the nba radar. That wasn't possible this year and I suspect he's parked that idea now and just focusing on nbl earning and maybe euro potential

Reply #939796 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

There's several teams that he'd fit better and would pay more than the JJs so I just can't understand who's buying this rumour. But maybe I'll be proven wrong!

Reply #939797 | Report this post

Kas  
Last month

WMW was a marquee player at NZ?
And Tassie already have Magnay as MP
So Tassie might only have 2 imports if they get WMW

Reply #939801 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Exactly Kas, marquee money is very good towards the cap but it's still got be paid to the players, JJs will have a very expensive roster.

Reply #939804 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Last month

Vic Law to JJ's....

Reply #939807 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

lol, they got McVeigh, why would they need him.

Reply #939809 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

WMW would be a great replacement for Tai Webster

Reply #939818 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

WMW would 100% be a marquee, so Tassie would only be able to have the 2 imports if they brought him in.

Reply #939820 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

New Zealand socials - "Tomorrow night. Major announcement incoming. Stay tuned."

Must be a resigning since free agency isn't open, PJC is in Turkey and Lamb will be unavailable for most of the next season, so I reckon WMW has resigned.

Reply #939827 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Actually I completely forgot about Cheatham, maybe him.

Reply #939828 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Lamb retired from basketball

Reply #939831 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Last month

where was it announced that lamb retired?

Reply #939833 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Injured

Reply #939837 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Lamb hasn't retired.

Pretty sure the Breakers said earlier this month that they'd have a local player signing announcement soon. I suspect it's the resigning of leafa.

But even though free agent isn't open you can buy players out of their contract right... like they did menninga... so in that respect it could be anyone. My wish is hunter!

Reply #939840 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Hunter is a free agent tho right? So they couldn't sign him yet

Reply #939842 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

But even though free agent isn't open you can buy players out of their contract right..
No. You can't negotiate with contracted players from other teams in any way.

Reply #939843 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Nah, look at Mennenga to NZ, Sobey to SEM, Glover to SEM. Kolzee is correct, teams can buy players out their contracts currently. But that's done between teams.

Reply #939846 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

You can't negotiate with contracted players from other teams in any way.

Reply #939849 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Yes correct, but that is not relevant to Kolzee's original statement that teams can buy players out of their contracts, as teams are allowed to approach other teams about a potential buy out.

Reply #939858 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

Now that PJC has been confirmed for the Breakers, the WMW to JJ seems much more likely.

Reply #939919 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Apparently cash for WMW is an issue for Tasmania, Brisbane and Perth are the most likely now according to Michael Randall

Reply #939928 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

Seeking almost Cotton like numbers which is being balked at collectively across the league

Reply #939930 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Exactly maxm, you can sign contracted players before free agency starts. But I did think hunter was contracted too! Still an option as free agent I hope

JJs never gonna be the destination for WMW I believe. Brisbane almost a certainty

Reply #939936 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last month

Brisbane seems logical. Team on a rebuild closer to family

Reply #939951 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last month

Shouldn't assume that folks want to live near their family lol

Reply #939970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 pm, Sat 4 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754