wak
Years ago

Probably anal, but...

Sorry about the pun, for those that got it!

Is it me or is the time of night? I just looked at the NBl site and had to have laugh at the headlines - whoever /trounced/sunk/swamped/whipped/rolled their opponent. No close matches, but utter adjectives matches! I hate to think how long those 'jounalists' would have to think about a close/arm wrestle/exchanged baskets sort of match Hold on, I'm doing the exact same thing!

Topic #5125 | Report this topic

wak  
Years ago

and just to pump up my own stats because no one is up at this time of night...

I notice a strange familiarity of rhyming 'letters' and 'vowels' - hawk's 'swamp', sixer's 'sunk', wildcats 'whip', etc

3 years (correct me if I'm wrong and it's 4 now) of Uni to learn alliteration.

Reply #58745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, nah, i noticed the same thing. I thought it was a little wierd. Maybe some over zealous reporter or some new tactic by the nbl to hype things up. its a bit annoying because you open the article thinking there was a major win when there was only 6 pts in the game.

Reply #58750 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 14 point "trouncing" surprised me too, especially given that the margin was 9 going into the last quarter.

Wouldn't making the games seem closer and more exciting attract fans?

Further to this, I think they could do more to raise the identities of players in the league. e.g., these game headlines from the ESPN scoreboard are much better - gives more info and drops a key player in there.

Raptors rally, but remain winless with OT loss to Sonics
LaFrentz's 32 points powers Celtics' rout of Rockets
LeBron reaches milestone in Cavs' OT win over Magic
Iverson's double-double helps Sixers win fourth straight

Reply #58751 | Report this post

Elton John  
Years ago

Am I too late?

Reply #58817 | Report this post

Molly Meldrum  
Years ago

I think we missed the boat elton.

Reply #58825 | Report this post

Richard Simmons  
Years ago

No fair!!!

Reply #58834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754