Art Pepper
Last year

Jock Landal absolutely murdered the Nuggets today

And guarded Jokic better than I have seen!

He will have a long career as a defensive stalwart and offensive rebounder.

Topic #51089 | Report this topic

pattymillsMVP  
Last year

They actually played him through crunch time and benched Ayton. He was strong.

Reply #916981 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

BEASTMODE.

I watched the game, and Landale was legit defensively.

Don't let Joker's 30/17/17 stat line deceive you. That's an incredible effort, but Jock's defense made Jokic visibly uncomfortable and forced him to give up the rock multiple times when he couldn't get to his spot or get a good look at the bucket.

Ayton sat. Jock played half a game. Biyombo didn't even get on court. That's heartening.

Reply #916982 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last year

Agreed. Jokic still had a good game but Jock was great. The commentary team talked him up multiple times and it was clear Monty trusted him out there.
On Ayton, got to be one of the most frustrating players to follow/watch. Does he want to even be there half the time?

Reply #916983 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Very impressed with Jock tonight

Reply #916984 | Report this post

dddd  
Last year

I was curious if Williams would play Jock to maybe try and pull Jokic away from the basket. Jock might not be the most lights out pick-n-popper, but he's at least shown a bit more inclination than Ayton in that department, and if they’re going to play Okogie (which it looks like they may have gone away from), you just can’t afford to have defenders who can load up on Durant and Booker.

Reply #916989 | Report this post

Art Pepper  
Last year

Jock is still wreaking all sorts of havoc on the boards and defensively. I'd luv for my Mavs to pick him up.

Reply #917154 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Cam Payne's campaign might be coming to an end and Landale too.

Get some rest Jock before the international campaign, without Cam Payne this time.

Reply #917157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Mon 20 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754