Shadow84
Two years ago

Cross over games during grading

Hi. I have tried Google and talking to a few people, but couldn't find what the cross over games are during grading.
It seems like the chance to move up to higher division.
Sounds like top teams have the chance.
What about bottom teams? We are in division 6 (out of 10) and have been smashed. Will we have cross over game against division 8/9 to see if team should move down a few divisions?
Thankyou

Topic #50649 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Two years ago

https://basketballsa.com.au/grading-mechanisms/

Reply #905612 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

I'm sure if you have been getting beaten by a bit and ask for a lower Div for the championship season it will be granted. It may mean 8 or 9 teams in the Div above and 10 in the lower one but it's better that the teams are in the right grade.

Reply #905665 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Two years ago

VJL 5-10 crossover games, teams not qualifying for pool DD will be fixtured in "geographical pools" for phase 2 and games will be used for ranking in VJL5-10 competitions.

I would say your first cross-over will be against a top team from grade 7 and if you lose, either stay 7 or drop to 8.

Highly doubt you'll drop from 6 all the way to 8-9 after one round.

Reply #905815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Mon 20 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754