Jack Toft
Years ago

Snakes v Sixers Mar 28

The Sixers have a chance to make top 4, but they need to win all remaining games and pray that games go their way. The Snakes, well, it's another season of chances gone begging.

The Sixers have their injury concerns. Humphries and Giddey are both out, Pinder is out, but Brandon Paul is playing. Snakes are not full strength either with Noi and Deng on the side as well. If the Snakes are to beat the Sixers, this is the game to do it in front of a crowd that is always parochial as Perth.

Cairns look like they will get the wooden spoon, but they are doing a very good job at trying to pass it to an unweary team like a game of pass the parcel. Taipans to pip the Sixers by a few points.

Topic #48278 | Report this topic

Woody  
Years ago

Where did you hear Pinder was out?

Reply #839268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snakes in an upset, Sixers to miss to many easy shots, lay ups and blame the coach. Sixers fans to have migraines for a week.

Reply #839271 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We put up a good effort in Perth but Cairns will be desperate for a win at home and we're missing our two best players.

Taipans by 7

Reply #839280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac I didn't know Teys was out

Reply #839284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 finals matchup? Pass, not even going to bother watching

Reply #839285 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If Pinder is out we win.
Else we lose.

If Oliver continues to play disinterested it goes a long way to a Sixers win.

Reply #839289 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sixers website says Pinder is out, probably getting his hair dyed

Reply #839292 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No Humphries, No Giddey for Adelaide.
No Noi, No Deng for Cairns.

If Oliver finds form he can help Cairns win.
Neither team will make the playoffs so they should try and get a win when possible.

Reply #839294 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Perfect chance to see what Purchase and Hulland can do.

Adelaide have virtually no rim protection.

Roster balance being even more exposed work injuries.

Reply #839296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team has injuries. Only the Sixers use it as an excuse game in game out

Reply #839300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think this yr for the 36ers it all about Giddey getting drafted not wins or loses

Reply #839301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha good one Jack. He has different hair to you so its a good reason to criticise him hahahaha classic!

Reply #839307 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Give Mud big minutes...and let Teys use his experience to get job done... BP must dominant.... Sixers by 15...

Reply #839308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No Noi, No Deng for Cairns." Great news, they might have a chance to win now.

Reply #839327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder what Marty Clarke is doing these days, may not be the worst 36ers ever coach!

Reply #839354 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ridiculous about Marty Clarke.. wanted a change with joey.. maybe joey white was not needed to be replaced..
Plenty time Sixers to get the win.

Reply #839356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be watching the worst ever 36s team ever here, biggest collection of b graders in history. Norwood NBL1 team would beat them.

Reply #839357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood NBL1 team has a bigger budget though

Reply #839358 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

This is just awful.

And the second half is our worst half.

Reply #839359 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Why would you call a time out with 2 seconds left and your the team with the free throws?

It is time Mr Kelly for a Monday sit down meeting with your coach to allow him to leave. If not, sack him.

Reply #839360 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kelley should be sitting down with JvG for a please explain.

Reply #839361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you talking about, and it was Joey Wright genius.
Wanted a change from Marty, because up till now he has been worst coach in NBL history.
And onto players, I think I'll take Nigel over Jack, even though Nigel would be in his 50s. Surely there has to be someone out there like a Pledger they could have brought in as a big body to try and cover Humphries.

Reply #839362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Turnage would be a better option than most of these players.
Just terrible, half of the team will be back in NBL1 for good.

Reply #839364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never have I seen such an ability to make good players look so bad. If that was the competition here then 6ers would win the title and be the goats. If Wright had this team they would be in the hunt for the playoffs and at least competing to win.

Reply #839365 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Team looks like they have quit on the coach. Terrible sets.... Well no sets at all is closer to what is happening.

Reply #839366 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers are shit this year.

Take IH and Giddey out and they're an NBL 1 side.

Reply #839367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does whoever designed 6ers offence with misdirection after misdirection realise there is a 24-sec shot clock these days? Put your best players in a position to score and go from there.

Reply #839368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

367 sad but 100% correct.

Reply #839369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is a Perth player stuck in a sixers uniform. Flopping his way to the line night after night

Reply #839370 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson is a good offensive player, but with Isaac Humphries out, his terrible understanding of defence is much more noticeable and really is painful to watch him try. Watching a 7ft tall human flailing around hurts.

Reply #839372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When even the coach tells his assistant that their offence isn't working you know you're in trouble.

Reply #839373 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Purchase is terrible. I still don't get why Dillon has played more than Paul?

Reply #839374 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No Giddey, No Humphries and to make it worse no Pinder. Shit Adelaide are no good.

Reply #839376 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Pinder is not as bad as everyone says.

Reply #839381 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Nice to see Oliver having a positive impact this game.

He was my second favorite player last season as were the Snakes

Reply #839382 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

His attitude has been great tonight Oliver. When he's engaged he’s outstanding.

Reply #839383 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Pinder is a rebounding and energy guy every team needs players like that

Reply #839384 | Report this post

Hopscotch 55  
Years ago

It Adelaide were a horse you'd take it out the back and shoot it.
Lame.

Reply #839386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody, yeah Pinder actually is that bad

Reply #839387 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We were never going to win with both of our centres out and no DJ ain't no centre. Out rebounded 44-31 and DJ just 6 boards and shot 38% from the field, fantastic.

Brandon Paul getting worse every game he plays, four straight now, just save the money for next season and cut him now. At least Crocker puts in some effort.

Reply #839388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wtf was that Sixers?????

Reply #839389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandon Paul getting worse each game??? Might have something to do with the fact the coach isn't playing him and running sets for him, pretty sure Daniel Dillon played more minutes. And when Heal is making on the money coaching observations such as playing your best scorer and putting ball in his hands, then the coach takes him out, shows how messed up this situation is.

Reply #839390 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

You look at that Taipans crowd and how they get behind their team then you compare that to Qudos Bank Arena today. I was there the least knowledgable basketball community in Australia. Cheers loudest for free cheeseburgers could not care less about cheering on their team. No cheerleaders you can only get Casper Ware jerseys from last season a few DJ t shirts available at the merchandise outlet that's it. Soulless crowd in Sydney. Really annoys me being a kings fan for the last 30 years.

Reply #839391 | Report this post

Rabbit 86  
Years ago

I thought when Pinder was advised as an out, we were a chance. Can't see us winning another game until JVG announced as an out.

Reply #839393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just imagine if Paul had a coach that could use him!!!

Reply #839395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it how y'all act as though Brandon Paul (NBA 2.3ppg) was going to be your messiah and so awesome, yet at the same time you mock Deng Adel (NBA 1.68ppg).

Look at Paul's history, he has never been 'the man' and should be a supporting piece, not a Bryce Cotton carry you type.

Reply #839396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bryce averaged 3.83ppg in 23 games.

Reply #839399 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Paul can play. But Sixers are broken and missing Giddey and Isaac hurts. But yeah, seasons shot. Big clean out for next season, need to sign Mcveigh though, been really solid when given the chance. Keep him, DJ, Isaac and Dech and get rid of the rest.

Reply #839400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Shano76
Combine the whole Sixers bench and you would still struggle to get a standard NBL player.
Depth has been the issue all season,

Reply #839402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think anyone thought he'd be a Messiah, just someone a helluva lot better than the guy he replaced. And in the time he's played he's shown he can play. Yet for some reason he keeps getting benched. Can't even start when 3 starters are out, and Dillon starts and hardly played all year. Noone is having a go at Adel, just this numpty coach.

Reply #839403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Connor lost the group 6 games ago

They are all confused. Paul came in looked like a great player now he looks broken. It's baffling

Reply #839406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ever considered that the whole problem is the Sixers itself?

It's apparent that there is a serious cultural issue with the entire club, and a coach change cannot and did not fix that.

Reply #839409 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the season is done, why wouldn't you somehat-nurse the guys you want to keep on next year through the remainder and throw Paul the minutes? If he's a one-season guy, you are not fussed about risk of injury or burnout in meaningless games. He'd want to play minutes and get stats rather than sit on the bench. And the fans would at least be entertained or have one less thing to question.

If you're making up the numbers, you want to at least be entertaining.

Reply #839411 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They need to see what value they can get looking towards next year.

Get good development time into types like Dech

Reply #839412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""No Noi, No Deng for Cairns." Great news, they might have a chance to win now."
Enjoy your time with Henry Conner and JVG. I'd like to feel sorry for the 6'ers but it's so frikkin funny!
The idiot that hired them both has a lot to answer for. Therein lies the rub.

Reply #839415 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Dech is 26 or 27 so won't necessarily get much better.
Aniel Johnson won't get better at 32.
Dillon, Teys and Pinder are deadwood.
Giddey will go to NBA.
The imports are sub standard.
Only McVeigh has upside and he will attract plenty of offers elsewhere. Luckily Humphries is on a multi year deal.

The Sixers need to hit both the import jackpot and free agent jackpot or they will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

Reply #839421 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's apparent that there is a serious cultural issue with the entire club, and a coach change cannot and did not fix that.

Clueless owner who hired a shyster GM who hired a dud coach who appointed a heartless player as captain. What could go wrong?

Reply #839430 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I cannot see Giddey playing in the NBA, not after this season.

And given that I feel the Sixers organisation has staked so much on his getting drafted, including the coach over-playing him instead of taking the pressure off him, I wonder what the fall-out will be if it doesn't happen.

Reply #839432 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have you considered the number games Sixers have played the injuries plus virtual new playing group from last year... new coach new style but with ever changing roster. Not like got 4 or 5 guys who played together who can steady the ship. All uncharted playing group... group needs to play and stay together build on court connections. Too many too quick to look at negatives. DJ IH SD JG was getting results - now injury plagued thete goes consistency on court gel... macca McVeigh big bonus season.. add to the above - looking pretty decent..
Can't quit the path Sixers trekking....

Reply #839435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech has been a success story with how he has developed. Cannot really say the same about many others. Giddey exceeded expectations, the rest meh.

Reply #839437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech is playing no different to what he showed at Hawks

If Paul is being benched for punch off the bench why not use Crocker in that spot and let Paul play from the tip

Reply #839452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon are you serious? The Sixers were handed a perfect hand for their roster turnover. First, they did not travel early, playing so many games at home, allowing them to gel and for the cohesiveness to happen without having to worry about travel schedules and losing days.

Then they had the hub in Melbourne, where again they did not have to worry about further travel and losing days. What did they do? If you look at instagram, they were sitting around playing 2K.

In a 'normal' season it would have been much harder, and even then it would have been a bs excuse. but this year, with all the favors the league have given this team, pathetic for you to even bring it up.

Reply #839463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech has always been a strong defender, but he has shown more of his offensive game this season over what he showed at the Hawks.

Reply #839465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech has gone from 9.2 ppg to 10.1 , not exactly a massive improvement

Reply #839485 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Retain IH should be their first port of call. Then you hope that imports extends to 3.

C Humphries/ Backup C
F Johnson/ Import
F Dech/ McVeigh
G Import/Backup SG
G Import/Backup PG

Basically you work around IH/DJ/Dech/McVeigh. You go hard for a good passing import, a good scoring import, backup defensive import big and look for any decent college type aussies.

Would want one of the backup guards to be capable of shooting to add to Import/Dech/McVeigh.

Reply #839487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although Giddey has been good, IMO he still would have been better off playing behind or with really good import guard. As with all young players he makes a great play then will do a dumb one. Definitely needs another year of NBL before heading to States.
Problem has been Pinder has been way way worse than predicted, yet gets minutes because of no other bigs. And the initial import selection was terrible. Not saying Paul is the saviour, but needs to play minutes to show what he has, real slap in the face starting on bench behind Dillon. Crocker keeps trying to do things his body cant anymore. And bench is Dads army, none should be in the league. Freaking Jack Purchase is getting minutes and looks absolutely clueless.
Culture was brought up during Joeys regime, seems it is ingrained and systemic throughout club. And Henry definitely isn't the solution.

Reply #839516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just letting 36ers know Terrance Ferguson has been waived

Reply #839517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET
Yes clear the bench, services no longer required.
Adelaide should be looking to get Rigoni and Isaac White, local young players who will make a difference and give the bench the depth it desperately needs.

Reply #839522 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Adelaide are 1-7 since losing Humphries (including the game he was injured and played 4 minutes).

He's the 36ers best player. Why does this surprise anybody? And losing Giddey too.

36ers lack depth, and they've lost two of their best players. They won't win many games without those two.

Oops I forgot, talking about injuries is "excuses" according to the Perth fans whose team is 13-4 after staying healthy all season.

Reply #839525 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I would assume Giddey goes to NBA?

But, 36ers need to follow the blueprint for success in the NBL- consistency. Try to build around a consistent core of players, preferably Australians.

For the 36ers obviously that's:

Humphries
Giddey (if he doesnt go to the NBA)
Dech
DJ (Who still should have at least 1-2 good years left and at least 3-4 years left in the league if he wants it and stays healthy)

But the main thing the 36ers got wrong this season was imports. Sloan was meant to be the MVP but he wasn't that great.

Reply #839526 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think the Sixers have gone 1 and 7 without Humphries....

Reply #839528 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I think I screamed those three points relentlessly in preseason that Adelaide lacked 1) two good enough imports, 2) a defensive big and 3) had too many average bench players and that was why I predicted them close to bottom.

A lot of "KET is a hater" ensued!

“ Oops I forgot, talking about injuries is "excuses" according to the Perth fans”

I think it's a fair comment to say Adelaide has less depth to rely on than Melbourne. Adelaide needed everything to go right to fight for a top 4 spot - some clubs like Melbourne don’t need everything to go right to achieve say top 2 spot.

Not so much a complaint as sheer reality. Which is why I temper the criticism of the players or coach Henry against the circumstances

Reply #839531 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

What surprised me was the slap in the face, on air, for Connors coaching.

And when Heal arrived, he got on the band-wagon especially over BP not starting or even playing him much.

After Connors sees the replay and hears the commentary (yeah, I know, coaches don't listen to the media), might make future court-side interviews interesting!

Reply #839541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry took over a list that contains 40% NBL standard talent, the other 60% aren't even close.
Rigoni and White are both shooters and will bring plenty of other strengths to the team, Adelaide must get these local players.

Reply #839544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again with the local players. How about you go get the best talent available. Gee Adelaide people are so small minded.

Reply #839545 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Isaac white at the Hawks isn't he? Put a fork in it.

Rigoni would be a good get - good shooter

Reply #839547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mayen in his junior year too probably looking at joining an NBL roster.

I'd say all these guys will be an almost impossible get now for Adelaide but will definitely filter through into the NBL.

Reply #839549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rigoni is 6'6" and shoots a high percentage world class 3
NBL might not be his only option

Reply #839625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, I don't recall many people saying you are using injuries as an excuse. It's more along the lines that you think Melbourne has an excuse for losing despite still having more talent than other teams even when they have had some players miss a few games.

Reply #839627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annnndddd here it comes......

Reply #839640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754