Flyers getting whacked meanwhile steph Reid too short to shoot so it's a foul

Reply #825416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope the refs pull their heads out of their asses. Home crowd having big effect

Reply #825418 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the game, especially Mitchell and Heal. High quality action.

Reply #825419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My god, Flyers gonna manage 1 foul a quarter to 5 for Townsville

Reply #825420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just another game where Lizzie gets herself to the bench and her team play better without her.

Reply #825421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Second foul Cambage was a joke, to much hate for. Heal getting a lesson from Mitchell at present. Cracking game but anything can happen from here.

Reply #825422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Second Cambage foul was genuinely just a bigger person playing on a smaller less strong person, didn't do anything illegal just too strong. And that foul on Steph Blicavs for running into Aokuso and then Aokuso dragging her to the ground. Why not make use of the review system?

Reply #825423 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Cambage second foul was a genuine elbow to the head. She put elbow into the defenders cylinder.

Reply #825424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal being guarded by Cole and Mitchell mainly playing off the ball has worked a treat.
Those switches causing Mckay to guard Mitchell has been super successful.

Reply #825425 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Red, I'd like some consistency in the calls then. Too much letting go on illegal arm-bars and push-offs, hooking and elbows.

Reply #825426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville getting away with a lot of contact.

Reply #825427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, playing overly physical and not getting called for it

Reply #825428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Mitchell is wanting to keep her spot in the Opals team

Reply #825429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal struggles lefty layups.

Reply #825430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That ball came of Aokuso 100%

Reply #825431 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

422/423, the second foul on Liz was a blatant elbow through a defender that was in a legal guarding position. That's an offensive foul, no matter how big each player is.

Reply #825432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor d all night.

Reply #825433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchells plan to conserve al energy for 14 games then blowup in the last one.

Reply #825434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over..

Reply #825435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm persisted with Shyla too long in the second half. Reid had some great energy in the first half and she was effectively benched

Reply #825436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#432 her elbow was where it was bc of the shooting motion, she didn't jab her elbow into the defender she just turned to shoot

Reply #825437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell mvp. Still shouldn't be in Tokyo. Seems odd but hasn’t been consistent all season.

Reply #825438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

437 still can't put an elbow on someone’s throat

Reply #825439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandy gonna have selection headache.

Reply #825440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal just too tired from the last two games. Great effort to make it to the championship. BUT GO FLYERS!!!!!

Reply #825441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Maley should develop at the the 3 for the fire to replace Murray.

Reply #825442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#436 100%, great coach in the making but he got it wrong, Reid needed more time. Good effort from Townsville overall, flyers just to solid over the court.

Reply #825443 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Heal has such talent, confidence and potential. I hope she gets drafted to the WNBA.

(As long as it doesn't go to her head.)

Reply #825444 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Years ago

Hey Liz haters: suck my hose.

You've racked up another L.

Post all the sad whining you want but Liz is a champ.

C-Howie out.

Reply #825445 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

Congrats to Southside flyers great game plan to stop the effectiveness of the two guards from Townsville. Rebecca Cole and Leilani were fantastic great work. And to all the Cambage haters bad luck. Go Southside

Reply #825446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bec Cole was superb.

Reply #825447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool Howie lol what a dumb username.

Reply #825448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cole had a killer last quarter!

Reply #825449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cole could keep playin defense like that, her opals stick would be better.

Reply #825450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Cole should be in the Opals team regardless, but gets edged out by Brondello's favourites

Reply #825451 | Report this post

Drains  
Years ago

Liz a champion... come on they bought the cup! She was MIA the whole game because she has no discipline at all. On a less talented team she would have really hurt them. Probably like she has on every other team she has played on since her last championship.
Congrats to the flyers but you paid for that one so not all that excited about seeing the Southside opals win the wnbl to be honest.
Maybe if cambage worried less about the crowd and umpires and played with the talent she has she would be unstoppable, guess we will never know.

Reply #825452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get over it, Cambage won a championship and dominated while she was on the court. The only thing that stops her is questionable foul calls, other than that she IS unstoppable. Let the hatred go and accept she's a phenomenal player

Reply #825453 | Report this post

Drains  
Years ago

Was she MVP of the grand final? MVP of the league?

Reply #825455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you ever been MVP of anything Drains? Let it go, keyboard warrior.

Reply #825456 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well done Bec Cole.
Since she left the Boomers (Molloy) she has improved out of sight. Molloy gives players no confidence.

Let's hope that the owners of the Boomers work out that he does not get the best out of his players.

Reply #825457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would've selected Cole as GF MVP for the combination of a highly efficient offensive game 7/10 Field Goals but I thought her defensive effort on Heal was outstanding! Her ability to defensive slide & stay connected to Heal especially up the court really wore Heal down & ultimately frustrated herself out of the game. Heal was 4/18 Field Goals & ZERO 3 Pointers for the game.

Reply #825458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who has been better under molloy?

Only Madgen I'd say,

Reply #825459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cole did destroy Heal defensively and offensively in the last quarter but I think Mitchell had a more all round 4 quarter showing

Reply #825463 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's a pity that Heal struggled so much today, because the Fire were never going to get it done without her. Credit to them for hanging with the Flyers for a half (aided by that soft 2nd foul on Cambage), but the Flyers were just too good and too deep. To no one's surprise. I mean from day 1 we've known they were an all-star team and the title was theirs to lose.
I hope the Fire go away very happy with that they achieved, because it was a lot.

Where's our usual "Leilani is cooked!" troll today? Has gone very quiet since Mitchell went into playoff mode.

Heal has such talent, confidence and potential. I hope she gets drafted to the WNBA.

She will. Now it's just a matter of how high.
What a fantastic season from her.

Reply #825464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nicholson was the heart and soul of the team, was fantastic in all games. Absolute work horse at both ends, dare I say it, a glue guy, gal.

Reply #825466 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

For sure. An MVP-worthy season from her, right to the end.

Reply #825469 | Report this post

Drains  
Years ago

Not that it's about me but yes have had mvp and have won championships at state level thank you for asking. Also not a keyboard warrior as I would say the same thing to her face.
Not saying she isn’t talented just saying she is a pain in the ass and would be a lot better if she just did what she does best and play, that’s all.
Don’t like it that is fine but it’s my opinion regardless.

Reply #825476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz sucks. The only saving grace today is that her team played better without her.

Reply #825488 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

825488 obviously you haven't seen all of Cambages games this season. I think she topped the league in scoring average lead the block average and 2nd in field goal percentage. I suggest you take up criticism on some other sport. Your subbed permanently now.

Reply #825490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers played well without Cambage on the court sure, but that whole first half it was a 4 point lead at most, Cambage on third quarter, we get it up to 10 off the back of a bunch of points from Cambage. Wouldn't say we played better without her

Reply #825493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz was the difference in the 3rd quarter. Easily the best player in the wnbl.

Lot of people here threatened by a woman of colour who's not afraid to say what she wants.

Reply #825500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ Drains. If you're so brave and you’re not lying, you’d put your name to your worthless opinions. But you won’t.

Reply #825514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly! People can't deal with a powerful woman, she’s passionate

Reply #825542 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Lot of people here threatened by a woman of colour who's not afraid to say what she wants.

Her colour has nothing to do with anything and FYI she's got just as much Caucasian blood in her veins as she has Jamaican ( her dads Jamaican isn’t he?)
Her overall attitude is disgraceful , which is disappointing as she could be so much more , people need to stop focusing or using skin colour to blame/excuse behaviour/attitude

Southside play well with or without her on the court , credit should be given to all players even those who hardly touch the floor in all teams , because without them you wouldn’t have "a team"

Reply #825543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Racism doesn't care if your HALF white, there is still visible colour and she would receive racist comments and no doubt people’s hate for her is perpetuated by the colour of her skin. Suzy Batkovic was similar in her complaining and physical play, yet she got away with a lot of it from the umpires and no one ever complained about her whining. Wonder what the difference is there. To say Cambage’s colour has nothing to do with her experience is naive, yes she complains too much, but often it’s justified with the treatment she receives. She’s passionate, and that makes her an angry black woman to a lot of people. Bec Cole was up and about after hitting that three late in the game and she gets called passionate, Cambage gets up and about it’s arrogance and her ego is too big. Always double standards

You say credit should be given to all players yet everyone wants to take the credit away from Liz even though she was a huge part of the win, an attitude issue doesn’t mean she’s not often the best player on the court

Reply #825549 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is Trevor Gleeson a black woman?

Reply #825552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ half right

Reply #825568 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Suzy Batkovic was similar in her complaining and physical play, yet she got away with a lot of it from the umpires and no one ever complained about her whining. Wonder what the difference is there.

Did Batcovic every jeer the audience, walk around like a strutting peacock to get attention, use offensive language and blame her size for not getting calls her way

Their is a huge difference between confidence and arrogance , Cambage has yet to learn that

Reply #825592 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Good on Southside for producing a couple of very special games in the finals. Many of the comments talk about how the side played better without Liz- the reality was that the team played great team basketball and the Americanization of our media, looking for the single headline superstar (Liz), underplayed the great seasons of Cole, Blicavs, Mitchell and O'Hea, and the improvement of Blicavs2, Jarry and Clydesdale in the late season.
Townsville, especially Heal and Nicholson, were rightfully exhausted by quarter-time. I know its a one-off season, but maybe a Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday final series would have suited better. One day off between preliminary and grand finals was pretty rough. But how much fun is it to watch Townsville play.

Reply #825606 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I was never a fan of Batkovic's constant complaining either. Guess that means I'm allowed to dislike Liz.

Reply #825609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Did Batcovic every jeer the audience, walk around like a strutting peacock to get attention, use offensive language and blame her size for not getting calls her way'

Yes. Also your comment about jeering the audience. If the audience gives it to Cambage I don’t think it’s in poor taste to give it back, can dish it but can’t take it I see.

Reply #825622 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Batkovic complained, many complain, the difference is they don't then give the audience attitude or mouth off disgusting language as they strut to the bench , or when they have been thrown out of the stadium , mouthed off at the crowd, come to
think of it , I can’t recall one player to even be turfed out of the court fit mouthing off
How many techs did she manage to get in this shirt season alone
She’s not a good representative of any athlete female or otherwise
And sadly her notoriety has detracted from the rest of her tram mates, who all conducted themselves with grace and good credit.
Takes more than one player to make a team, congrats to those girls who had to endure what was the Cambage Show for the media for most of this very short season , in-fact congratulations to a the professional women’s athletes , you did yourselves and your sport proud, without the ridiculous media circus .

Reply #825623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC is the very worst role model in Australia from any sport, daylight second, it is not even close. She takes the term adult child to a new level. She turns a team sport into an individual event which is all about her.

If anyone behaved like she does in any other occupation they would be out the door in instance.

It is also not like she has white line fever on the court but is a decent person off the court.

Would have been great to see her play a season in Europe and taunt the opposition crowds, see where that would have got her.

Unfortunately the basketball public never got to see her full basketball abilities as they are constantly subverted by her own stupidity on the court.

In the past 10 years, I doubt that she has even played 2 seasons in a row with the same team.

Individually one of the greatest ever in the World to play the game. However it is a team game and her record of being a great team mate, being a good team person, and as someone who supports the community she plays in is very poor.

As such is unlikely the she will even be regarded as one of the top 5 players in Australian basketball history. It is a shame really.

Reply #825633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really don't you think its enough about Liz. There are 13 players in the Southside team and they played a great season. Liz only played less than 50% of the games so the others must of stepped up. Credit where credit is due they were awesome

Reply #825804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754