Anonymous
Years ago

Joey Wright's interview with John Casey on Channel 7

I'm guessing this is what Kevin White was responding to?

https://twitter.com/JohnCasey2880/status/1232994171041898496?s=20

Amongst the discussion:
- Joey expresses disappointment about the 3 imports and Harry froling;
- says there was "interference" with what he was trying to do, but not from the owners;
- says it's unlikely he'll be back in the nbl, as it is controlled by one or two groups of people, one of which don't like him;
- says he had an offer to coach in the g league last year;
- says he's looking forward to working with better athletes than those in NBL

Topic #46956 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

After this, he'll be lucky to get a job anywhere.

Reply #795476 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

What's the 'influence' he's referring to? HQ telling him to sign Randle?

Reply #795483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The latest developments kinda highlight what a crock of shit Wright sprouted in that interview.

Reply #795521 | Report this post

Perhaps Joey was actively trying to get fired this season!

Reply #795522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ and paid out? Conspiracy theory....love it.

Reply #795552 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

John Casey might have backed the wrong horse with his tweets thanks joey etc

Reply #795559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not the only journo to back the wrong horse. They will be conspiculously silent now, watch. Hard to defend the indefensible.

Reply #795580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

used car salesman

Reply #795591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad

Reply #795593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really don't understand the personal bashing.
He was man enough to face the cameras and answer some tough questions and I think he did so respectfully. People on here beating him up behind their computer screens are nothing more than cowards who probably have zero knowledge of the internal workings of the NBL, his now former club, nor have they ever met Joey. I have met him, numerous times... and he’s a good bloke.
There has obviously been a lot of rumours about his conduct (physical altercations etc) but nothing has ever been proven with official statements, there has only been rumours, and that’s likely what they are.
Personally, I think Joey leaving the league is a big loss, especially with the looming expansion. It’s not like we have dozens of amazing coaches at that level we can call upon. He’s been a great servant to the game and he’s worked his butt off. I hope he knows a lot of people out there appreciate what he’s done for basketball in this country

Reply #795763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I've had a friend that has had a bit to do with Joey, he says he found always up front and fair.

Reply #795766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Kevin White ?

Reply #795918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright is an angry coach at the best of times but White is a waste of space. Should not be in the NBL.

Reply #795975 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Years ago

Wright is a chode. G league next? More like Guan league.

Reply #796017 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754