Anonymous
Years ago

Crocs offensive foul, but score counted?

Not sure if anyone else noticed.

But when the Crocs were on 79 points, Jett charged at the rim and put a shot up and the ref blew his whistle.

The ref called an OFFENSIVE foul, yet the 2 points counted and the Crocs went to 81 points...

Anyone else notice this?

Shouldnt the points have been taken away?

Topic #38658 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

U serious???

I hope they double check this

Horrible mistake if true

Reply #570231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the refs called the charge but said the ball left his hand before the contact took place.

Replay showed it was wrong(he shot after the charge), although it wasn't a score board error or anything.

Just your regular run of the mill incorrect call that happens all the time in the nbl

Reply #570234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, double check if you like

Reply #570235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL the ball was 100% in his hand after contact was initiated.

Reply #570237 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I did notice the score go up after that charge actually, but figured the score was wrong before the shot because it never got adjusted... Would be interesting to hear what happened. Hard to believe no one would've spotted it, especially on the 36ers bench.

Reply #570238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ref defiantly signalled to count the basket.

Reply #570240 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Crocs won and deserved it. The call was not a score board error. Adelaide just suck.

Reply #570242 | Report this post

just ask me  
Years ago

If the referee calls an offensive foul the score cannot count, it's only if they call a push after the release that it can count isnt it!!??

Reply #570245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'If the referee calls an offensive foul the score cannot count, it's only if they call a push after the release that it can count isnt it!!??'

Not in NBL logic

Reply #570251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wanker!!!! Dumb post it would not be the first and won't be last time a mistake was made whether it is a mistake or not no one is perfect sometimes mistakes are costly sometimes they aren't. This is a ridiculous post,

Reply #570267 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Ref called basket counts end of story. There were probably a dozen more shocking calls in the game with Freethrows favouring Adelaide 38 to 21, so not exactly hard done by.

Reply #570269 | Report this post

Dave the Crocman  
Years ago

What a dead set wanker
Your sixers lost suck it up princess

Reply #570282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, i am not a 6ers fan...

Reply #570318 | Report this post

Flea  
Years ago

True Kr, there were plenty of other dicey calls as well, as there are in every game. But the decision to award a basket after a charge is just so different to the norm that it really draws your attention.

Whether it affected the result or not, if that happened to my team I'd definitely be asking for an explanation after the game.

Reply #570321 | Report this post

Years ago

is is a push if the score counts and not an offensive foul as when the shot leaves the hand the team no longer has possession

Reply #570332 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Flea I get that it's different, as is the scenario when someone hits a shot at the same time as there is an off the ball foul called on another offensive player on the same team. The ref called the points count so he was obviously happy enough that the offensive foul occurred after the shot.

Whether others disagree that's fine too, just that there were loads of fouls against the crocs I disagreed with also.

Just pumped for this young crocs team to get the win, the club really needs stories like this to get the town behind them

Reply #570338 | Report this post

Dave the Crocman  
Years ago

You mightn't be a Sixers fan but you are dead set a wanker that's for sure! LOL

Reply #570339 | Report this post

Was watching the game at the pub so couldn't hear any commentary, remember this call and thinking it was debatable. Do recall seeing Joey question it with the ref, who seemed to indicate his judgement was released before foul.

Reply #570385 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

NBL refs making mistakes? Don't believe it.

Reply #570404 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Watch and listen to it again. He calls a push. Two points count, then push.

Reply #570462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You mightn't be a Sixers fan but you are dead set a wanker that's for sure! LOL"

Calling someone a wanker over the internet....You must be sooo tough....

Reply #570480 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Whatever mistake the refs made pales into insignificance compared to the mistake of passing a longish cross court lateral pass to a player when 1 up with a few seconds left in the game.

As a scrub player and a junior rep coach the talk and coaching was always about avoiding that pass because a steal leads to a breakaway layup.

If the player is not wide open you

1)Pass the ball towards the near corner where if picked off you can still defend and force a prayer shot.

2) At worst take the 5 second call.

Refs made a judgement error.

Joey a so call top coach and Gibbo a Boomer made dumb choices.

Joey needs to STFA and coach rather than yell and complain. Over rated coach reliant on individual stars doing their own thing.

Reply #570505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 pm, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754