@
Years ago

clippers v golden state

Like WOW

Topic #33412 | Report this topic

celtic green  
Years ago

Love it when 2 teams don't like each other, the games just seem that much tougher. Looks like Bogut is definitely in the Clippers heads. A couple of clips from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3o0ok486pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFf9C3ZVYo

Also, I read Blake Griffin comments afterwards about Bogut being a coward; I find it hilarious that he initiates contact (wraps his arms around Bogut from behind) then complains when someone pushes back. God he is a whiny bitch

Reply #450799 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wow. Bogut actually did very little wrong in both those plays.

Reply #450815 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

jan 30th back in LA

Reply #450818 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

PlamakerMo, that is apparently not how the NBA saw it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-says-blake-griffin-not-ejected-tangling-andrew-002941453--nba.html

Reply #450819 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Bogut did enough on the Griffin sleeve grab and chin music to warrant a T. Poor Blake, gets elbowed in the throat at 3qtr time and then on the receiving end of a tussle with Bogut and gets ejected.... NBA where amazing happens haha

Reply #450821 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Yeah have to agree, Bogut did initiate the contact with Griffin, Griffin really didn't do anything except try to untangle himself. Plus did you see Bogut at the end of the game smack the ball out of Paul's hand??(conclusion of game) Paul looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of Bogut. Still got to love Bogut and the effort he brings. A big reason why GS are doing so well.

Reply #450822 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

@ Latrentis

Wrong on both counts

1. Griffin had his hands all over Bogut in that rebound

2. Paul tried to take the ball off Bogut (looking to start something and then flop and get a tech?)

God I hate it when good players are cheap and floppers

Reply #450825 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

@ latrentis
I must have been watching a different video because Griffin clearly bear hugs Bogut from behind and Paul snatches the ball off Bogut after the game has finished

Reply #450833 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

jan 30th back in LA ...... will be interesting

Reply #450847 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

neither really did anything wrong, but they both were not backing down as well.

Reply #450848 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

don't have a problem with the call. The refs were correct in being firm - particularly with the game getting heated and several pushing the limits.

Reply #450849 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Yeah Celtic Green you must have been. Was it the game where the Clippers won?? Both players were going for the rebound, Griffin had his arms around Bogut, which is common when rebounding in basketball..Bogut then grabs Griffin. Either way you look at it not worthy of a tech foul and for Griffin to be ejected.
Not sure what play you are talking about El diablo as this was at the end of the game, so don't know how Paul could flop when the game is over with??

Maybe the game got so heated due to those tight ass jerseys they were wearing...circulation was being cut off to their brain??? Bet Cuban gets fined for his comments below.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/10198314/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-says-nba-made-mistake-new-jerseys

Reply #450851 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Yeah you're right, I don't know which game where bear hugging another guy from behind counts as basketball

Reply #450858 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Latrentis, I think you've had one too many egg-nogs over Christmas mate! The Warriors won the game 105-103.

Great game to watch though with both teams really going at each other.

Its funny seeing the Clippers lose their sh!t so easily though. Sure Griffin shouldn't have been ejected, but the only thing any GSW player did that was beyond a hard basketball foul was Draymond's elbow near halftime!

The entanglement between Bogut and Griffin was just a normal basketball play. Could have called a regular foul on either one there.

Its just unfortunate, because the refs over-reacted on both occasions. No reason for Blake and others to over-react, call Bogut a coward and suggest that the Warriors had some dastardly plan to get Griffin thrown out!

I think they need to watch some video of the way they play and realise that if they are going to play a physical game, other teams are going to play hard back.

Reply #450988 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

NBA released a statement saying basically what you said Beantown, Griffin should have just been given a foul and not kicked out

Reply #451021 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754