#45 hoops
Years ago

Perth vs 36ers betting question

Question to nbl fans
I'm betting on my first nbl game. Just need one peice of advice.
so i want to bet on perth winning by 11 + points. Payout is about $2.80
Does anyone think this is a good idea? Could perth win by 11 or more?

Topic #32828 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah its possible that they could win by that margin especially with Adelaide being down 2 starting players in Adam Gibson and Jarry Frye. But Adelaide seems to play well in and against Perth. But as i said its not a bad bet especially if your looking for that larger payout.

Reply #439612 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Perth play the arena well and last season we seen multiple games of over 20 point margins ( they weren't against 36ers) but there is a decent chance of it being +11.

But as said above Adelaide play Perth well and Daniel Johnson could be unstoppable

Reply #439613 | Report this post

Matthew Knight is out which means that DJ should dominate inside and on the boards. However I just think that with Adam Gibson out the 36ers don't have a secondary ballhandler to help out Gary Ervin when he is getting hassled by Damian Martin.

With all that considered and the fact the Wildcats have James 'the menace' Ennis. I think it is a very good bet.

Reply #439627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My bets on this game were Perth straight ($1.55) and Perth line of -4 ($1.90). If I lose, then at least Adelaide win!

Reply #439630 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

secondary ball handler like say Jason Cadee

Reply #439636 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

or whether Gibson plays a few minutes off the bench like Schenscher, but without J.Frye I'm expecting Perth to win by +11.

Reply #439643 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Perth Line -4.5 is your best bet in my opinion.

Reply #439650 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Will be worth considering how much the Perth-as-Adelaide's bogey team thing applies now. New Wildcats coach with a different style, 36ers coach no longer a former Wildcats assistant.

I do hope they've put some time into preparing for DJ though, he's picked up about 70pts in the 4 games last year.

Although losing Knight and Frye are both very bad for their teams, the Wildcats have had much more opportunity to address the shortcomings, whereas for Adelaide they'll be scrambling to alter the game plan.

It'll be difficult for Perth to make excuses if this all goes pear-shaped.

Reply #439653 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

may be a stupid question, but what does perth line -4.5 mean?

Reply #439657 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Perth must win by at least 5 for the -4.5 bet to be a winner

Reply #439667 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems we were gonna leave Gibson home to rest and play 9 players, but now Frye is home here in ADL resting and Gibson is in PER, with an improvement to his injury and may play, rather than just 8 players.

Reply #439676 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Could backfire if they force that hamstring. Seems a damned risky ploy in the first game of a season, and an away game where he'll be flying before and after the game (which tends to cause further issues to muscle injuries). If he injures it with the jump to regular season pace it could really spanner the start to Adelaide's year.

Reply #439680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

#45, it's like a handicap. A -4.5 line (the minus favours first/home team) says the bookies think Perth will win by 4.5 points. So you can bet they'll win by 5 or more, or you can bet that Adelaide will lose or win by up to 4 points.

When I bet yesterday, Perth were $1.55 to win. But I also suspect they'll win reasonable comfortably (8-12), so it meant that I could grab some extra value at $1.90 for Perth to win by 5+. I think that's likely, but as with anything you can bet on, it's not guaranteed. Adelaide have troubled Perth in the past and may again, obviously.

Reply #439687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I think a quinella is the way to go but I can't find anyone offering that

Reply #439694 | Report this post

spiegel  
Years ago

Since I lost 600 bucks on the Dockers wining the GF I stopped betting all together.

Reply #439729 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The best bet isn't line/head to head. If you got in early, the total points was 158.5 o/u. I'd seriously put $10,000 on that if it was in the budget.

Last time I checked, it was 164.5.

Reply #439735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dockers lost the GF

Reply #439736 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

^^ i take it u did not go to school!

Reply #439740 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

thanks issac, i put a bet down on perth line 3.5 at $1.70, should be a good game to watch

Reply #439760 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Considering putting money on Adelaide HT/Perth FT.
We tend to win first halves, then lose.

Reply #439764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks issac, i put a bet down on perth line 3.5 at $1.70, should be a good game to watch

and the result? Perth 83-80 Sixers

Ouch. Being a bookmaker. Must be nice.

Reply #443369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Mon 20 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754