Isaac
Years ago

Michael Dunigan vs Seth Scott: who would you take?

Starring import bigs can be hard to come by in the NBL, often with a size issue or some serious deficiency. Michael Dunigan and Seth Scott are both decent import bigs this season, but who would you rather have in your team and why?

Topic #30851 | Report this topic

x  
Years ago

Seth for me. Tough to get a gauge on Dunigan after only 8 or do games but I'm a huge fan of Scott's game.

Reply #405079 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I give the slight edge to Seth as well, though it depends on the needs of the team in question. Seth is certainly the better scorer. Dunigan a heck of a defensive presence.

Reply #405080 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Reminds me of a similar argument - Bill Jones v Mark Davis: who would you take? No reason why you can't have both.

Reply #405083 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Dunigan every day of the week. Seth's a great player, but this is no contest.

Reply #405093 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Dunigan in my book

Reply #405097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seth Scott, far more potent offensively which for NBL money is harder to find in a big man.

Reply #405104 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Dunigan for me, he will get alot sweeter around the rack in the next year or 2. Wasnt he getting a double double nearly every game?

Reply #405105 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like Scotts outside shot and handles

Reply #405106 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

For mine if you want a piece to which to build a team around I would have Dunigan. Scott has been OK but the 6 games or so that Dunigan played were very impressive with massive upside. Scott is too foul prone as well.

Reply #405116 | Report this post

Moses Malone  
Years ago

Dunigan every day. Scott is mentally soft, a terrible defender of the pick and roll, gets lost off the ball and awful at boxing out. He also sets a bunch of ghostly screens....completely lacks presence.

He has some offensive tools unique to our league and most leagued for his size (whicj i am sure get him kobs), but too many deficiencies in most other areas which is why I assume he gets moved on after a season at most stops.

Reply #405120 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I love Scott's game but at 31, I can't see him improving.

Whilst in Perth Dunnigan seemed a great clubman and gelled well so I would take him without thinking.

Dunnigan
Scott
Lazarre
Edwards
Hudson

Reply #405129 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seth Scott , but the NBL refs prefer Dunigan , so ,
I suppose they are forcing ya to take Dunigan instead .

Reply #405135 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For me it depends on what the team needs. Dunigan if you want a defensive/rebounding stud and Scott if you want an offensive talent.

Reply #405153 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

any chance dunigan will be brought back next year or is he gone for good??

im sick of adelaide failing with imports.

i really hope go after a tried and tested import next year such as a dunigan or ervin rather than taking a chance on someone who may or may not work out.

Reply #405157 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Depends on who else is on your team..

Reply #405169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunigan for sure! Seths good too but i'd go dunigan for his shot blocking presence and rebounding alone. Offensively he has a sweet mid range jumper and he is still improving his touch closer to the ring. He has far greater potential to improve than the older scott

Reply #405172 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Scott is pretty agile for his size. Do think I'd go for Dunigan's keyway presence though.

Reply #405183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen enough of Melbourne or Seth Scott to say, but I do know I'd have big Mike Dunigan back in the team in a heartbeat!

Reply #405205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunigan has atrocious touch. Scott easily.

Reply #405241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who needs touch when you slam the ball home 8/10 shots. Worked for Shaq. Dunigan also changes about 8 shots a game and is intimidating.

Im buying Dunigan.

Reply #405262 | Report this post

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

Perth was instantly more likeable when they had Dunigan. I'd go with him just off raw athleticism and capacity to improve. Seth can knock down threes though and has solid handles for a big man. Tough choice. Fugg it gimme both of them. Would be hard to split the minutes though.

Reply #405328 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I don't think you'd need to split the minutes. They'd be a mighty effective front court duo IMO.
Kinda like DJ & Schensch, except good.

Reply #405342 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754