WAK
Years ago

Powerhouse state?

I know it's way too early in the silly season but I like the way the Queensland teams are shaping up.
It must be something in the water up there, or as someone else posted somewhere else, the sun.
Compare the QLD teams to the rest of the country.
With the talent up there - Bradtke, McKinnon, Mee, Cat, Newley, Burgess, Rillie etc amongst three teams sort of leaves the rest of the country looking at a long season.
So far I reckon Adel are actually doing the best in signings out of the rest. Perth aren't looking too good, Hunter are unknown, Melb decimated, Wollongong same old minus Mee, NZ will be crap as usual, and Syd again looks like cleaning house.
This might actually get some interest in the league since it seems the banana benders have the most feverish supporters.

Definitely liking the look of Cairns - Black, Mee, Cat, Burgess, Boodnikoff, Stewart.
But then again, there's Brisbane too!
And if Townsville score Brown and Calvary again to run alongside Rille and Newley...

Other teams better start pulling their heads out of the sand.

Topic #2662 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Sydney will be alright. They'll probably keep Roberts, replace Sanford, and really only lose (possibly) Wheeler. They should still have Kendall and Smith and just need to sign Bruton to be competitive.

Reply #30132 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

What do you think about Wheeler returning to the 36ers?
Not sure if he's linked to any other clubs at the moment.

Reply #30136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 pm, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754