me
Years ago

NH: Paralympics

After slagging off the Olympics for the past few months...I have had my faith in Humanity and the beauty and brilliance of sport and sporting competition restored.

Just for a feel good friday, im starting a list of what makes the Paralympics so good...

1) incredible sporting achievements (have you seen the 100 metres, what an amazing run, or the guy with no arms in the swimming...inspiration!)

2) Humble, honest, proud and personable competitors

your thoughts....

Topic #17283 | Report this topic

HotRod  
Years ago

agreed!

Reply #203660 | Report this post

ME2  
Years ago

I totally agree with you (me) its absolutly fantastic to watch and it should be a reminder to everyone that it doesnt matter how hard things get in life you never give up. The fact that these athletes dont even care whether they win or lose that they were good enough to make the olympics is enough for them.

Thats what sportsmanship is all about.

Reply #203663 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I think you oversimplify by saying they dont care if they win or lose !! You think that losing an arm or a leg (etc) deminishes the desire to win ?!

Reply #203667 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Agreed Melvin, i have no doubt the competitors are every bit as competitive as the able bodied athletes, you only have to watch the excitemnt or disapointment as they cross the line..or the body on the line stuff in the basketball.

In simple terms for me...these are the true examples of Olympians, not because they have disabilities, but because they are at the peak of their chosen sport, without the millions of dollars of sponsorship, without the media telling them they are the best thing since sliced bread and without them beating their chests and proclaiming themselves "the greatest" etc.

And, tell me...who thinks they could drop a 3 pointer from a chair...awesome.

Reply #203681 | Report this post

Whats better than winning a Gold medal at the paralympics?

Being able to walk

Reply #203710 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

disappointing elg

Reply #203809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754